How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

I got into the internet when I was 45 years old, and my name is Kevin, hence the Kevin45.

Have always loved the mountains. So about 11 yrs ago, moved to the NC mountains and use the screen name mtnlvr.

I'm from Eastern N.C., but do frequent the "Smokie's" quite often, they are absolutely beautiful.

I got mine from raising Preying Mantids, which led to also having to raise Fruit Flies, other Flies, and Crickets for their food. So, instead of being Dr. Dolittle (with regular animals), I became Dr. Duzlittler. I ended up with 18 Praying Mantis Egg Case's (Oothecae) from last year. It's a little bit of work, but, I too am a recovering Alcoholic and just was looking for a little something to do with my Granddaughter. It turned into more than I expected, but, was very interesting and I got a lot of satisfaction from successfully breeding them.

Too many years ago I had a boat for fishing and I called it seagar. from sea & garfish.

When I started building pedal steel guitars I held an informal contest amongst my steel playing friends as to what I should call them. A buddy in Norway won with BenRom from my name, Bent Romnes

D6 is a model designation of a Cat - in my case a bulldozer. They called them crawlers back in the day because of the tracks (versus wheels) crawling not rolling across the fields. Mine was a '53. Very interactive compared to the joystick models of today. 1 clutch lever and 1 brake pedal per side for turning, 1 lever to raise/lower the blade, 1 motor clutch lever, and a gearshift + 1 lever for engine speed. It also had a pony motor that ran on gas you used to start the main motor. Mine still had the rope start but also had an electric start. You would dis-engage the main-motor, decompress the main motor head, and fire up the pony. Once it was running ok you would engage the main motor and let it spin for a bit. When it was spinning ok you would run the main motor throttle up a bit and flip the decompression lever back to close the valves. After that run the pony rpms up a bit and the main motor would fire. Then you disengate the pony and shut it off and you are ready to go :)

Daniel

Way back when i got my email account, I tried the usual screen names ( Gearhead being my first choice) but nothing worked. So looking around me little computer table I noticed my computer was a Starion model and I just added 007 for the fun of it.
Turns out Starion is a Mitsubishi sports car and i'm a gearhead so it worked out after all.

Mark

https://www.facebook.com/FloridaDragbikeAssociation?ref=hl

Last edited:
years ago before i knew anything about pc's and had to set up an e-mail account a friend suggested jumps because i was ad/hd before they had a name for it, they just called it hyper then. the 4 came about because jumps seem to be taken most of the time.
steve

I've been fascinated by radial aircraft engines ever since I was a kid. Have a few commercial engines and a collection of photos, drawings, construction articles etc from all the model engineering magazines. Building one is getting close to the top of the list. Born 1951, a baby boomer.

Regards, RossG
radial1951

Back