How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

Easy as I build Tank models first in 1/35 scale now in 1/6 scale.:roflmao:

Mine is from an Australian made kitcar that I owned for about 16 years.
It was a Bolwell Mk7.
I rebuild it from a pretty rough car into quite a nice car. Sold it in 2008. Ive used that username for years on most of the forums I subscribe to. Its easier to remember only one username.
Its the yellow one in this pic.
bollie7

Mk7's.jpg

Just joking around or out of round . cross thread is something a machinist would never do. So it's funny. Unless you did it ,then it would not be funny.

In northern Michigan the small town locals call the men that make their living in the woods as lumber jacks wood ticks, they say it as an insult. But I always admired those men and their way of earning a living. I have been a wood worker longer than a metal worker so I use woodtick and just added my first name Greg, aka woodtickgreg on any forum I am on. I'm proud to be the woodtick, now some of my friends on the forums just call me the "tick" instead of Greg, LOL.

Wow Bollie! That's a beautiful car! What did it have under the skin? What maker frame and engine?

Bernie

Mine is from an Australian made kitcar that I owned for about 16 years.
It was a Bolwell Mk7.
I rebuild it from a pretty rough car into quite a nice car. Sold it in 2008. Ive used that username for years on most of the forums I subscribe to. Its easier to remember only one username.
Its the yellow one in this pic.
bollie7

Hey Solo-

I think many people forget that one is pretty lucky to get to do "the fun part" 5 or 10 percent of their time.

We take an hour or a day to measure, learn, and set up an operation on a machine, and take 5, 10, or 30 minutes to actually cut. The fun part.

I am a photographer now. I spend days of emails, arranging, showing up, setting up, to have 10 minutes actually shooting. The "fun part" that I love!

I am all about supporting other pros, and amateurs for that matter, but i get the surprising calls too about the basics!

Solo, came from me working alone on projects. Seems everybody wants help, and I end up doing their project by myself....? Which is fine. Most of the guy's at work really don't want to learn, they just want to jump on the machines and run them...SCARY! Stand back, watch, and learn. Then I have to show them all over again the next day. Sigh...

Got my nickname in Elementary school . I would sign my papers Chris P. A friend of mine started calling me Chrispy Rice...

I own several Trans am's and they are all 4 speed cars well one is a 6 speed but all others are 4 speed

It is an old Drag Raceing term that I got named with way back in high school auto shop in the 70's. I built a engine for my car that was so wild everyone said I must have been tripping on Nitro methane :nuts: when I put it together. And on my first date with my wife, on the start line the nitro methane and burning rubber melted her eyelash mascara together so bad she couldn't open her eye's.:panic: Took us 1/2 hr to get her eye's open. I thought OK, I won't ever see here again:*****slap2: or it will be true love forever:drool: RICK

Back