How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

Ted is my name and 208 is the RAF squadron I served with in Aden in the 60s. (I like to keep things simple ...)

Civdiv99.......

Sometimes folks would say they are retiring (from 20 yrs USMC in my case) :soldier2: to "the 1st Civ Div."

And of course now it's not hard to figure out what year I "transitioned." :saluteflag:

Got a career while i had a job at Starbucks. one of the senior guys found out where i worked, i treated several crews to drinks, and i was named coffeebean. the name stuck. along with many iterations of it.
i didnt mind it and when i discovered msg boards it was my natural choice.
dave

"Sandia", is the small town in our home address. Also means "watermelon" in spanish.

Mine is from my car. It's a 66 GT, 289 bored .040 over. It is one I restored myself in 99.

july 2010 014.JPG

Greaves Klusman mfg. 1918 I figure nobody ever saw one.

greaves klusman.jpg

First off, I have to say Fastback...that is one beautiful Mustang. :thumbsup:

As far as my username, I use it on every site I'm on. Although it may be Kevin54 instead of Kevin45. When I started using it, I joined a site and I was 45 at the time so I just kept it. I wish I was still 45 though :bawling:

Been working on clocks for fifty years (yes it's an addiction). My daughter has been in the shop with me for ten years now and does most of the repair work which leaves me the time to design and build unusual clocks. Can't think of anything I would rather do.

When our daughters were per-kindergarten, my wife and I decided to get them a dog as it would help teach responsibility and patience. They were attracted to a pic of a Dalmation at the local animal shelter. We arrived at the shelter to learn that they had received the dog from a man stating that the shelter would accept the dog or he would shoot it.

Buster always walked crooked as if he was out of alignment. He had scars all over his puppy body, and one ear that was shredded.
He was an exceptionally Ugly Dog.
I've had Setters, Labs and mutts, but never one as intelligent, gentle, and dedicated.
Buster died 11 years later.

I hope that I am as good a man as he was a dog.

Years learning and applying advanced, esoteric, 'abstract non sense' mathematics
which is finally finding its power in the application in modeling and researching the general laws of
the origins, evolution of Consciousness.

Healthy balance is achieved by escaping into the real world of [machining] metal ...
which does not give a flying 'elephant' for any theory or theoretician.

Def: "A Topos (plural "topoi" or "toposes") is a type of mathematical category
that behaves like the category of sheaves of sets on a topological space." - Wiki

N.B., Oxygen masks will drop from above if there is a sudden drop in mental 'cabin
pressure' for passengers. :) :) :)

Back