[4]

I have made the decision to CNC it!

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

OakRidgeGuy

Active User
Registered
Ten Four on the USB thingy.. I will skip the smooth stepper then. As for other things that will be connected to the computer, no, I have no plans for any of that other stuff to be attached to it.. I am going to skim this one down to the bare essense of what is need to operate the mill and that is about it. As I have said, once I get the Virtual XP Mode finally on the machine, I do not plan on ever taking it out of that mode.

OakRidgeGuy

Active User
Registered
Well more funds came in yesterday, I didn't get a chance to see about ordering anything yesterday, I was delayed to other biz.

The CNC Fusion kit is 625.00
motors and controllers 279.00 plus 99 bucks shipping
UC100 129.00 bucks
Power supply 49.00 bucks
breakout board 7 bucks
If I remember right, Steve says that I need a female to female connector for the UC100 and I don't remember how much that thing is.
I am still waiting on the Windows 7 Pro to arrive.
I am going to use the D2nc as well and that is 79 bucks.

I feel like I am forgetting something.

OakRidgeGuy

Active User
Registered
Ok.. motors, controllers, breakout board, female to female connector have been ordered.. will order the mounting kit tomorrow..

Hawkeye

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
My steppers, power supply and control board arrived today. Time to start building ... and start a new thread.

jumps4

Global Moderator
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I found the 4 wire shield wire at lowes but i had to buy the whole roll (500') but it is listed on ebay and thats where i got it for my mill. check page 1 of my build thread i think it is there. if not i will look in my bookmarks.
steve

jumps4

Global Moderator
here it is
shield wire 100' ebay 160632659191 $100.00
steve

sheild%20wire%20ebay%20160632659191.jpg

Hawkeye

Active User
Steve, what wire gauge is that? It looks like some I've had from a local wholesaler. Almost anything should do, though. My motors are rated at 2 amps.

jumps4

Global Moderator
that is 18 gauge stranded 4 wire with a shield
steve

OakRidgeGuy

Active User
Registered
Good thing that you brought up the pendant.. I had already forgotten about that thing.

jumps4

Global Moderator
your welcome
it makes everything so much easier.
steve

OakRidgeGuy

Active User
Registered
I know what you mean Steve.. I am going to go to the local hardware store to see if they have that wire first before seeing if I have to order it.

jumps4

Global Moderator
try lowes, home depot or radio shack if they are local. or a local electrical supply.
lowes was about .39 a foot but i had to buy the roll
steve

DANNYBOY

Registered
Steve, my plasma table is wired with cat5 plugs & wire not sure about motor size 280-320 oz. not sure if it will Handel your motors, just a thought.

jumps4

Global Moderator
I already bought the wire danny all my machines are finished.
steve

Hawkeye

Active User
I got my wire today at the local electronic wholesalers. $.38 per foot, but then, they always ask if it's for myself or work. They give me a better price that the companies get. Good to have friends.

OakRidgeGuy

Active User
Registered
Good to see that you got it. and yes.. friends in the right places always help!

jumps4

Global Moderator
ya, I was was kinda wondering if it would work. Just for future reference.
danny
i'm sure if it's 4 wire shielded and bigger than 20 gauge it will work on most.
my 4200 oz/in motor is running on 18 guage
steve

OakRidgeGuy

Active User
Registered
Steve,

Recieved the email back from CNC Fusion.. the Heli-Cal's that they have are indeed the spiral cut ones.. have a source for the others you were talking about.

Also.. the stuff that i have ordered off of evilbay so far should be here in the next week or so except the power supply.. est time.. between Dec 17 - Jan 04

Doc

Last edited:

jumps4

Global Moderator
thats it
here is the web site http://heli-cal.com/cm/Home.html
also on the power supply shipping, a few of the chinese merchants have gone to long shipping dates so you cant mark them down on feedback for being late they probably wont take that long. but i do wish i would have noticed that before showing it to you.
steve

jumps4

Global Moderator
mine is the w seems fine. i dont know why you would need stainless for what your doing.
steve

OakRidgeGuy

Active User
Registered
Just checking.. will order them tomorrow then.. I presume that the dia of the shafts on the motors are 8mm, is that correct?

Last edited:

OakRidgeGuy

Active User
Registered
Ok.. the breakout board arrived today, picked up a E-Stop switch, another cooling fan.. will have to go to the scrap house for a box to mount the stuff in. Did find the wire local, but they would only sell in 500 feet.. at a specialty electronics shop.. Way more than I wanted to spend at the moment.

Also orderd the CNC Fusion kit for my mill.. SX2 from LMS

jumps4

Global Moderator
I would say it has to do with how close your mill is to controller. your going to use some inside the box for all the low voltage wiring
i'd hate to see you run out order enough for four axis, your only doing 3 right now
steve

[5] [7]