I sure could use a prayer or two

With you in Prayer Mark, Hang in there , we need folk like you , And we are praying that you will soon be back to health and happily in your shop again.

Well, I am on the down hill slide of the drug withdrawal. I turned a major corner today. I can eat and the bad symtoms are almost gone. I still suffer some of the milder symptoms which should be gone in 4 to 7 days, but I can eat and drink now.
Now I have to start adjustment to my new lifestyle. I cannot walk. I can just barely get around the house on crutches. I still fall easily even with the crutches. This has been progressively getting worse as the tremors have also. I will be getting tested for the cause of the tremors. I definitely will be ordering a new manual wheelchair this week. I have known this was coming. There is a very small chance I can come partway back with therapy and time, but only part way back. The other result is total disability from the waist down.

Well, I am on the down hill slide of the drug withdrawal. I turned a major corner today. I can eat and the bad symtoms are almost gone. I still suffer some of the milder symptoms which should be gone in 4 to 7 days, but I can eat and drink now.
Now I have to start adjustment to my new lifestyle. I cannot walk. I can just barely get around the house on crutches. I still fall easily even with the crutches. This has been progressively getting worse as the tremors have also. I will be getting tested for the cause of the tremors. I definitely will be ordering a new manual wheelchair this week. I have known this was coming. There is a very small chance I can come partway back with therapy and time, but only part way back. The other result is total disability from the waist down.

Do you have an emergency pendant buzzer thingy ? ie in the case of a fall and you are alone in the house can you push a button on a strap around your neck to summon help ?
Is there a logical list of expected issues over the next few weeks that you can write down now and start considering solutions ? ie What you can be doing now to help yourself anticipate and resolve problems over the next few weeks. Any accessability issues with going for a wander around the workshop either in crutches or a chair, just to have a look and make sure nothings going rusty ?

Wow, 4 1/2 years. All I can say is that you WILL get better. Everyday. a little bit. Your Doctor should prescribe something like Suboxone to ease the process. It's a tough thing but you will get through it. Eat some burned toast and easy to digest foods like oatmeal and drink a lot of water., juice.
My cousin went through this same thing many years ago. Get well soon.

I'm glad your getting up and over the horrid withdrawal symptoms. I can relate the extra sense of smell been there in 09 after the pulmonary embolism. Keep trying to eat and drink . Mark I'd like to give you a nice power wheelchair I have its not to big and sure will help you. It needs batteries which if I was able I'd change them out for you. I've been trying to sell but I'd rather give it to you. Anybody here willing to help by picking it up and delivering to Mark??? It's really in great shape givin to me to sell by a friend to help me out. Your need is more pressing .

I'm glad your getting up and over the horrid withdrawal symptoms. I can relate the extra sense of smell been there in 09 after the pulmonary embolism. Keep trying to eat and drink . Mark I'd like to give you a nice power wheelchair I have its not to big and sure will help you. It needs batteries which if I was able I'd change them out for you. I've been trying to sell but I'd rather give it to you. Anybody here willing to help by picking it up and delivering to Mark??? It's really in great shape givin to me to sell by a friend to help me out. Your need is more pressing .
Thank you so much for tour kind offer , SB. I have a new power chair the insurance company paid $7000 of the $8000 cost. I got it a few years ago when I was wheel chair bound for 3 years. I just ordered a new manual wheelchair and it will be here Friday.

I been going through this withdrawal for 7 days now. All the really bad stuff is past. I still have many lesser effects yet. That poison was running into my spine for 4 1/2 years and they say it could be weeks before all the lesser effects go away. But I can eat and drink anything I want now. I go to Pittsburgh Monday to start figuring out why I can't walk. It is hard finding a ride for the two hour drive. I fell in the kitchen today and had to wait while my girlfriend found a neighbor to help get me up. I have fallen 3 times in the last week. It's rough but I will beat this.

Ok Mark , just wanted to help. I thank you , remember I asked about the pump , glad I didn't pursue that course. I new I'd mess it up internally the way I work sideways off my wheelchair. Plus to get it in and filled I'd have to go out past Philly to some pain center. I have bone on bone vertebra thus the pain ,Dr called it bursitis to explain my trouble. Have some curvature there too. I told my wife I was to strong for my own body. Picked up to many very heavy items for years.

Ok Mark , just wanted to help. I thank you , remember I asked about the pump , glad I didn't pursue that course. I new I'd mess it up internally the way I work sideways off my wheelchair. Plus to get it in and filled I'd have to go out past Philly to some pain center. I have bone on bone vertebra thus the pain ,Dr called it bursitis to explain my trouble. Have some curvature there too. I told my wife I was to strong for my own body. Picked up to many very heavy items for years.
The pump did a good job but I lost so much muscle mass over the 4 1/2 years. I have to recover from that. I know what you mean about too strong. My teenage and twenties years I thought I was invincible and paying for it now.

Back