I survived

I didn't have covid but I had a stroke and had to relearn how to walk, make my right arm and hand do what I wanted to do, and how to speak again. it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I remember the first time I got a fork full of peas into my mouth. It was a major accomplishment. My wife cried over it.

I know what you will be in for. Rely on your family, and if you can talk to a counselor. You can tell them things you don't want to tell your family.

And you have your family here also.

More good vibes sent your way for a speedy recovery . Seems as though many of us are going thru some type of recoveries after these past few years . Growing older sucks but it beats the alternative I guess . :)

Man, that was a long haul! Glad to hear you're on the mend, hope you don't have any long-term effects. My wife's uncle still hasn't regained taste and smell, it's been almost a year since he had it. Nasty, unpredictable stuff.

My bout with Covid that is, six months of being stuck in bed, two of which were in a comatose state.
When I became aware again I could only move my right index finger, now after four months of re-hab and tracheotomy I have been home
for a month now and re-learning how to walk again. Not fun but I will endeavor to recover fully ASAP !!
My wife and I got it in Dec. of 2020. Missed Christmas and New Year. We were bed ridden for three weeks into the month of Jan. 202. The only good thing (thank God) was we could breath on our own. I lost my sense of taste and smell and 30 lbs., I was 185. It's been a slow recovery for us, but we are coming along. The worst thing for me is my loss of energy since I was sick. Now I find I have to snooze in the afternoon. To all who have had it, stay vigilant, and we will make it.

My wife and I got it in Dec. of 2020. Missed Christmas and New Year. We were bed ridden for three weeks into the month of Jan. 202. The only good thing (thank God) was we could breath on our own. I lost my sense of taste and smell and 30 lbs., I was 185. It's been a slow recovery for us, but we are coming along. The worst thing for me is my loss of energy since I was sick. Now I find I have to snooze in the afternoon. To all who have had it, stay vigilant, and we will make it.
so you are what they call a long termer. Have you tried the mono clonal antibodies, they say in some cases it clears some of the long haul effects.

so you are what they call a long termer. Have you tried the mono clonal antibodies, they say in some cases it clears some of the long haul effects.
Thanks for your reply, like many many of us it knocked the hell out of us. No I haven't, as for the mono clonal antibodies. I'm glad we made it. I don't smoke (over 40 years) and just a drink when dinning out which may have helped fight it. Unfortunately we all lost friends and family, so in that respect I know we were are very lucky. My family has a history of heart problems and its said that having had the virus could be a problem for me and others down the road. Hope not. Thanks again, Charlie.

Glad you are on the mend.

Not sure this will help anyone else, after loosing my sense of taste and having a dry mouth, my doctor told me to take pink sea salt for the potassium. Worked wonders for me.

Back