In Memorium: Michael Yim (Mikey)

A small group of us have been looking into Mikey's lack of posting, and tjb aka Terry said that his wife found his obituary posted.
He was especially nice to me here when I first joined, I miss him already. He passed away November 3rd after battling cancer.
I echo the kind remarks. Mike was smart, kind, and gracious. I haven’t been around much lately, so was surprised and saddened to learn of his passing today. I’d hoped to meet him one day in Hawaii. He was a true lode star of this group. He will be missed!

I was working on something at my lathe and Mikey came to mind -- there is no question that my beginnings with my old Logan 820 were only made possible by MIkey's patient explanations, knowing I had (have) zero background in engineering or physics. He guided me to sane, appropriate purchases of peripheral tools that got me started, and somehow knew exactly when I was ready to tackle the rest of a solution by myself. Now I'm mentoring a man in India who is just getting started, and sent him MIkey's Boring Primer to study. MIkey will live on in all of our successful experiences. He's missed.
Tim

Back