Is it possible to clean rotor discs

Or is that the replacement? Looks crusty for new. But as good as it gets for used. Unless there's a crack, I'd run it.
I was talking about the condition of the old one. Here the video with the new hf caliper and new rotor from Subaru that I got yesterday

Attachments

• 72044924319__2470F56F-7BB4-4000-8400-D8F1240372F3.MOV
    8.9 MB
Here are the pads

Attachments

• 72044993151__10F9CB62-FCF7-492E-8C2B-780867322868.MOV
    6.7 MB
Check the back side of the rotor with a mirror and rotate the rotor, to see if it is ok. If it looks like the front, your rotor is fine.

Especially check the pad on the back side of the caliper. Sometimes they get stuck on the caliper pins and wear unevenly.

Check the back side of the rotor with a mirror and rotate the rotor, to see if it is ok. If it looks like the front, your rotor is fine.

Especially check the pad on the back side of the caliper. Sometimes they get stuck on the caliper pins and wear unevenly.
Yes the pad behind was uneven but still within limits.

Your inspector seems to be far more conservative than the laws on inspection. If that's what you failed for, I'd go back and confront the inspector. If you get no satisfaction, I'd report them to the state.

But first I'd measure the pads and check what the rules are. The min pad depth requirements might be different from the OEM's, for all I know. I'd contest the ruling. Then I'd go to a different inspection station. With the limited information I have, those look fine.

Back