Jeep project

Yup... still waiting...

The frame shop did contact me on October 13 and gave me a quote to straighten the frame. I gave the go-ahead... they said they would get it done as soon as they could work it in..

So, I'm still waiting... maybe today... maybe week after next?

I'm not rushing them... if I get it back today, I won't be able to do any work on it for a few days, anyway... I've pulled a muscle in my back.

-Bear

Yup... still waiting...

The frame shop did contact me on October 13 and gave me a quote to straighten the frame. I gave the go-ahead... they said they would get it done as soon as they could work it in..

So, I'm still waiting... maybe today... maybe week after next?

I'm not rushing them... if I get it back today, I won't be able to do any work on it for a few days, anyway... I've pulled a muscle in my back.

-Bear

Just having some fun with the video :).

Hope you get well soon. I hate it when that happens as it takes forever to go away...

Last edited:
Just having some fun with the video :).

Hope you get well soon. I hate it when that happens as it takes for ever to go away...

Thanks...

I think it's pretty much healed now... it hasn't bothered me in a few days, but I'm still being very easy with it.

I was changing the oil in my Toyota, and I guess I twisted the wrong way getting up off the creeper...

Getting old sucks.

-Bear

5 weeks later...

The Jeep finally made it home this afternoon.

20221111_163516.jpg

I can tell from the tire to fender gaps that the frame is at least 'straighter' than it was.

I'm glad that is behind me... now I can get started swapping parts... if I can find some time.

-Bear

Just a quick update...

I've scheduled an appointment to have a new windsheild installed Wednesday morning... they will come out to my house to do it.

I was planning to begin swapping the front axle this morning... but I'm currently on my back fighting the worst sinus infection that I've had in years.

Sinus infections worry me... I had a bad one when I permanently lost my hearing in my left ear, so I do everything I can to take care of it as quickly as possible.

-Bear

Just a quick update...

I've scheduled an appointment to have a new windsheild installed Wednesday morning... they will come out to my house to do it.

I was planning to begin swapping the front axle this morning... but I'm currently on my back fighting the worst sinus infection that I've had in years.

Sinus infections worry me... I had a bad one when I permanently lost my hearing in my left ear, so I do everything I can to take care of it as quickly as possible.

-Bear
get something onboard to drain those sinuses and see your fam doc asap!

Lots of bugs running around right now that cause sinus issues so you need to see the doc and find out what it is, asap.

I used to dread sinus infections when I was still flying. Nothing worse than a sinus squeeze at altitude. you can be on the ground and not know anything is wrong, but as soon as ambient pressure reduces….intense, searing pain!

...I was planning to begin swapping the front axle this morning... but I'm currently on my back fighting the worst sinus infection that I've had in years.

-Bear

Oh man... that sucks. My wife suffers from those... She has one of those machines that she uses for flushing to clear the ways... that helps. But if she does not get them under control quickly then the migraines follow and.... well... all goes down south from there....

Hope you recover soon.

Great to read on the progress on the Jeep.

Back