Just added a 101.21200 to my shop out west

Give it a whack every day followed by re-applying the penetrating oil. It will eventually come off.

Unless you mean that literally (immersed in WD40), WD40 is not a particularly good penetrant. o_O

Yes, literally immersed in it.

It's what I have here now, I can go out and get other stuff I guess but not sure anything is going to get it loose....

John

Mine was stuck when I bought it also. I engaged the back gear and used a piece of 2x4 and hammer to hit one of the jaws on the chuck and it spun loose. But you have already removed the spindle so I only have one suggestion. Use wood blocks in a vice on both sides of the spindle shaft and try hitting one of the jaws with a piece of 2x4 and hammer. Comes off counter-clockwise.

Mine was stuck when I bought it also. I engaged the back gear and used a piece of 2x4 and hammer to hit one of the jaws on the chuck and it spun loose. But you have already removed the spindle so I only have one suggestion. Use wood blocks in a vice on both sides of the spindle shaft and try hitting one of the jaws with a piece of 2x4 and hammer. Comes off counter-clockwise.

This is way more stuck that yours was. I did try engaging the back gear but these things are pretty fragile and I wasn't willing to go very far with that effort. I have the spindle securely clamped in my vise and have been using an air impact gun on it with no success.

Thanks for the tips anyway, they might come in useful for someone else who's chuck isn't as stuck on.

John

Agreed. Many impacts do not have close to the same torque that you can do with a breaker bar, or anything that gives leverage.

So I went up to Fernley Nevada and picked up my shop trailer. Among all the other stuff was this old Snap-On roller and some IKEA counter top material. Seems like just the right size, will have to make some cuts to tell if it's going to be stable enough.

onboard.jpeg

Cheers,

John

Back