Just bought an old 1994 -12 X 36 Enco Lathe 110-2075

Yes, those are them. If you could give me the outer diameter, thickness, and hole diameter of each one, that would be great. Then I just need to figure out which gear cutter to use. Thanks! Interesting that some don’t have keyways.
Hello...
No problem, soon as I get a chance ill post the dimensions of those gears, Its a good idea as other people with this lathe may need them too..!

Last edited:
Wow, I feel cheated - I didn't get any Gummy Bears with my order! Must be a 2020 thing.

Once the internal reservoir is full it will pump in any position, even upside down. You don't need to fill it full. Just put some in there and pump until oil comes out and the reservoir is full enough to work in any position.

Oh yeah, we all learn the oil-flinging trick very early on and I have the striped T-shirts to prove it!
Maybe because I have way oil in mine it wont hold a charge, I dunno but mine wont do that... Ill test it again but pretty sure mine wont do that, I get that it should. I got the regular R01, Maybe its different. What model do you have..?

Did you put the Gummies in there? Maybe they're not for eating....
I tried to read the packing slip but it wasn't in English.. Besides the Gummies were defective and I... Uhmm... Got ride if them..!

On a serious note... My oiler absolutely positively does not work inverted after being fully primed... I'm sad. I looked for a ball in the end of the siphon tube and didn't see one, but it pumps fine with a predictable stream each pump. Oh well.

Last edited:
Hey all...
So about the somewhat tarnished old looking bison 3 jaw 6 1/4" SET-TRU chuck that's currently under going an EvapOrust treatment... I was having an issue finding a chuck that looked like mine so I could find out exactly what it is... That's because you buy the chuck and the back plate separately to fit your lathe.

I could not find a matching model number on the net so I went on Bisons site and all SET-TRU chucks are the fine adjustment types. I searched the web for it and grizzly popped up with a Set-Tru 6-1/4" 3 Jaw chuck, I look at the photo and you can bearly see it in the photo but there chuck unlike other ones I found on Ebay use, like mine a number set and a 2 digit number below it...

So I visually compared my chuck to their chuck and my back plate to their back in the photo and they look the same, the chuck is on sale for $875.00 and the Bison Back plate needed for a D1-4 lathe is $368.00, not on sale the chuck is almost $1000.00, That just blows my mind since the chuck I have on the lathe right now cost $199.00 not on sale... Can there really be that big a quality difference..?

Now of course I could be wrong... if i'm right though, well.. then the SET-TRU chuck that came on my lathe cost new about what I paid for the lathe... Assuming I was in the market to buy one....

When I get the Bison chuck all polished up and back together Ill post photos of the chuck and back plate separated.

Just sheer craziness I tell ya.. Honestly I think someone more capable and deserving probably should have gotten this lathe, It will be years before I truly can appreciate what I got here... Don't get me wrong thou shes growing on me, and I'm glad I got it.

Last edited:
So I have a pretty good Before and After photo for the Bison 3 jaw, Its all back together after a 3 day spa treatment in Evapo-Rust, After sitting for 3 days in Evapo-Rust it came out looking like it was Black Anodized from carbon.

Its amazing what a little WD-40 and a ultra fine Scotch Bright pad will do. It came out better than I thought it would.

FrankenChuckHexBolts.jpg

BisonchuckClean1.jpg

Last edited:
So I cant just buy a flexible tube to replace the brass tube on my new Reilang oil can, it wont dispense oil inverted. No I'm not going to return it, Its not their fault I picked the wrong one, I should have asked first maybe.

I wont use it cause I'm replacing it, If it wasn't so nice id just trash it.. it was only 40.00 bucks so its not worth selling online.. So I'm trying to figure out what to do with it...

Maybe because I have way oil in mine it wont hold a charge, I dunno but mine wont do that... Ill test it again but pretty sure mine wont do that, I get that it should. I got the regular R01, Maybe its different. What model do you have..?
I got 3 packs with my replacement oiler?

I got 3 packs with my replacement oiler?
So the funny thing is they sell the gummy bears on their website... I am guessing they are being nice and trying to hook you on them....

I took apart my Oilier to see why I cannot get it to pump inverted, well at least 1 pump from reserve...

These are the parts, There is no spring to keep the bearing under tension when tilted like there is in the model R03 oilier which has 3 springs, so I picked the wrong model to buy apparently.. My fault..! Maybe ill add a spring, I emailed them for suggestions.

SwissOilier.jpg

Back