Just In Case Anybody Wants a Deal!!! April 4, 2018

Just received notice that:
"Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:
"Tap Magic 10004E Power Tool Lubricant with EP-Xtra, Yellow (Pack of 24)" "
"We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days. "

Just received notice that:
"Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:
"Tap Magic 10004E Power Tool Lubricant with EP-Xtra, Yellow (Pack of 24)" "
"We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days. "

Looks like this would be the same correspondence I anticipate to receive.... oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

And my order was placed on the 4th.

They just charged my credit card yesterday (ordered the 4th). Today I got a notice that the delivery date has been postponed (from today) to 1 week from today.
It's almost worth the $12 just to see what they are doing!

Am I the first greasy Canadian??

IMG_20180411_131545.jpg

I can see a few reasons why they were liquidated. Either they're changing something about the product, or the packaging, or due to the damaged cans.

15234672518516275193876860973940.jpg

The production date looks like either Nov 8/17 or Aug 11/17 depending on how they orient their date stamp. So can't see it being because the product sat around for too long.
15234672164083341876752812678794.jpg

The box has been opened and re-taped shut. I don't see water marks on the carton or oil stains.

15234674652186680540044309777851.jpg

I'm going to take a guess. due to the box being previously opened, the split lids, the poke holes in the box, and bent spouts, there may be a chance that a shipment for damaged, or a skid/stack was crushed, or even stacked too high in a warehouse and it causes some of the kids to crack and leak inside the box. They may have started the process of inspecting the product (opening the boxes) and gave up and sold to liquidation.
That's my guess.

15234675703077493596831378749336.jpg

Seems all alright tho. I guess now that people are getting cancelations they've either run out (likely) or lost too much money (slightly less likely).
They even DHL'd it to me, a day early.

If anyone who didn't get any wants some, I'm sure it can be arranged. I'll never use all this. Even if I use it as general cutting fluid.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's some good police work Shawn. My box had all those punctures in the cardboard top too...as I've seen in plenty of other picts too. Fortunately, the fluid inside doesn't care and so long as one bottle works then we've got a functioning system :)

Tap on!

Absolutely nothin wrong with the fluid. There were just folks wondering why the great deal. I took an investigative swing at it.
I've spent a number of years in manufacturing/shipping/quality before I started my construction career.
In some cases it's cheaper for the manufacturer to recycle the products/packaging and try again, in other cases the product is pushed forward and guys like us get a smoking deal!
I'll accept those any day of the week.

In that previous manufacturing job we had a crate (called a gaylord, actually) of Reynolds tin foil come back from Alcoa (before they moved to Mexico and changed the name to Alcan aluminum) due our product being faulty (wasn't my name inside it...). I wound up with almost 10 years worth of tin foil. The center core was crushed but the foil was perfect. And it was the nice heavy bbqing foil too!

I received mine today, same package as Shawn, above, no damage to package or contents, dated 3 28 17. I can imagine a truck in a wreck, not all packages damaged.

Guess I'll make a little "holster" for my bandsaw that holds a can, another one on my drill press, and one hanging by the lathe LOL

Back