Looking for a better mag base

Oh speaking of indicator holders. Here's one that popped up on my feed last night that some one is making & looks like they will be selling. 2 post holder but the indicator can rotate & swivel at the indicator and locked with a screw through the post. Never seen anything like that before.

Attachments

• 20200525_173240.jpg
    20200525_173240.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 13
That’s is very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have most all of the stuff mentioned here including the snake type holder, and share the frustration. So I built a two headed holder that fits the QCTP, and can measure axial and radial on the lathe, and an indicol holder that fits on the mill quill. Those all work well and solve maybe 80% of my indicator needs.

The other 20%, I just suffer.

The PH2040, or the slightly bigger and stronger magnet PH4016? I bought 2 Mighty Mags yesterday, and a FAB this morning because the FATs irritate me with a DTI. I need to decide which one I'm gonna get.
1590470292121.png

Last edited:
I think I'm going to go with the PH2040. I don't think I need a bigger model. Definitely looking forward to a FAB!

I edited my post, I'm looking at which one to get for me also.

PH4016 has the magnet size of the MGs. I have a MG10533 that I got used on another forum. That's too big for me, picked it up cause the price was good. I pretty much only use it to hold a camera, lol. Arms are probably larger on the PH4016 I assume. I went with the PH2040 which has the same size magnet as the DGs which is my favorite size.

I forgot to say, you need to get both! :big grin: (It's been a while since I've got the chance to try & help someone spend their money!)

LOL , Will is BACK ! :big grin: And Dave , you'll need spares for those two ( two are never enough ) ;)

I was looking at the PH3100 also, but it seems Ajax is the only source, which I question. The other sources do not have, or will not ship. It would seem with my previous transactions that they are a store front only, and order to ship. Just my feeling.

The snake style holders look like they might be a good option. Have any of you bought one?

Back