Looking for a better mag base

Don't have to remove the tool that's mounted in the spindle. Again I rarely use mine mostly because of another reason. I'm just used to mounting in a collet even though it takes more time.

20200209_145629.jpg

Don't have to remove the tool that's mounted in the spindle. Again I rarely use mine mostly because of another reason. I'm just used to mounting in a collet even though it takes more time.

View attachment 325515

What are those yellow thingy dingies in your mill slotties?

You guys are gonna make me go broke. Just bought that Noga listed earlier from Mikey. "oooohhh I likey. Click Buy Now. Done".

Ooh, I desparately need those! Where can you get them?

I've been meaning to make a post about them as I get asked about them every so often. But for now....

In that link is another link to when I first installed them. Made by Vertex, I got them on ebay from supramachinetool (Acer). Price has gone up on them unfortunately. I did purchase a spare set from Grizzly a while back. The ones from Grizzly aren't labeled Vertex & are in their own packaging with their own p/n. But they look identical to the original Vertex ones I have & were cheaper, not sure if Grizzly carries all the sizes though. There may be others that make em too.

You guys are gonna make me go broke. Just bought that Noga listed earlier from Mikey. "oooohhh I likey. Click Buy Now. Done".
Yeah, I bought two of them several months back when Mikey mentioned them. I haven’t used the other holders i have since.

I hear you! I've been shovelling money out the door like I'm stoking the firebox of a steam locomotive!!!
(there should be a warning at the door... mind you there were many mentions of "oohh we can help you spend your money" from @mikey @mmcmdl @darkzero @Aukai and a raft of others, hoodlums, all of em! :p)

Don't pretend you weren't warned! There be dragons here, but they are somewhat helpful at helping you not waste your money. Burn through it faster than you thought possible, yes...

Back