My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

Are you going to re-shoe those cast iron dog dishes? It would be a perfect time to slip some calipers and discs on. I'm proud of how many drums I've sent to the salvage yard. Even the family wagon deserves good 4-wheel disc stoppers, put them on everything that you can!

Yes all new wiring, new break away box, all new lights.

Pontiac428:

This is my trailer electric brakes I'm working on right now. The nova had a front disk brake and a-arm kit on it when I got it, and I put explorer rear disks on the 9" rear.

Oh, the trailer! Phwew, there's hope for you yet. I should have recognized that when you ditched the Mustang for the X-body in the beginning.

Yeah sorry I got off on a tangent here posting about the trailer. Wanted to get the trailer squared away before the weather got bad.

Now I've got to wait for the brake shoes :(

Last edited:
Hey. 67 mustangs rule. Maybe not the one he looked at.

I’ve been a fan since I saw the first one. Red. Senior in high school got for a graduation present. I was a sophomore. Had a few since then. One under wraps that had interior fire years ago. Gotta get on it.

We thought about the mustang and a mopar with a 440 (forget which model) It came down to I'm a chevy guy, but at the time we would consider something else, but all the parts I have and my experience is GM. I had the T56 trans, and a lot of other chevy stuff. So the choice for us was clear.

But if I had known how bad the work on the car was I'd have passed on it. And now on Facebook is this. I'd give up all three of my projects for it.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3974471115987384/

My dream car. I can swing it, but it would drop me below a comfortable level of reserve funds. If someone walked up and offered me $15k for the nova I'd do it and buy the 55. But that probably won't happen, and I'm surprised the 55 is still available.

Oh well, day late and $25k short :rolleyes:

Well this bites. Since my stroke I'm unstable on my feet and I lost control of my right leg for a moment this morning, but that was enough. I fell and dislocated and cracked my right thumb. Waiting to see what they can do to fix it.

So pretty much my day today sucks.

Hope a lot of you are having a better day than I am.

Damn, sorry to hear about the setback.

Back