My ACRA 1440 TVS

I am getting in touch with the electrician, and now I need to get all of the stuff back in that I had to move out. I also ordered 1018 4" x 3" pucks for mounting feet, they are coming by slow boat, and did not make it in time to be ready, so it's on skates, and 4 x 6s until I get those faced, and center drilled.

Last edited:
So exciting!
Did you find a home for your old workhorse?
(Sucks figuring out where to store it!?! )

Short term it is in the car garage, I have the pallet it can ship on, and the plastic cover on it now. Right now I'm waiting for the electrician Monday, or Tuesday next week I also ordered 1018 4" round x 3" tall to use for the feet, I'll Have to put the dimples in them still, so it's still on 4 x 6s, and the machine skates. I sure does take up real estate.

Congratulations Mike. Very nice lathe.

I sure does take up real estate
You wanted a beefier lathe, unfortunately they get a bit bigger in the process. Make sure you check all the fluids/levels, I would put at least 100 hours on the lathe before replacing the fluids/oils, I did mine after a year of use and everything came out crystal clear. Since it has a pressurized oil system for the head, always allow the pump to run a bit before starting the spindle, and always check the flow in the site gauge. The gearing takes a little getting use too, so engage the gear drive, manually rock/turn the chuck a bit and select the gears in the gearbox you will feel them engage.

When you change to the QCTP if you decide to reuse the foot, the tool post it is metric on the bottom and is locked in with Locktite. Otherwise you can mill a new base.

Single phase power is usually L1 and L2 connections at the terminal strip.

Thank you for the info, how much power loss is attributed to the VFD?
I am missing my storage space, the brake wont allow the under boxes.

No power loss, they install and oversized 7.5 Hp VFD, the motor sees the same amperage/Hp independent of the input power (single or 3 phase) to the lathe/VFD. I store my chucks and other items on back of my lathe, I do not know if yours is open or closed.

Perfect,,,, my welding table with back shields is pushed up against the back splash of the lathe. :(

Back