My ACRA 1440 TVS

Not sure what you mean, the RPC needs to be up and running for a short period (comes up to full speed) before turning on the power to 3 phase equipment. At some point the electrician should check the line to line voltage (not to ground or neutral), I would have assumed he would have run everything before leaving.

Yes he did check voltages, you mentioned ""the wild leg on the RPC could damage the control electronics due to voltage fluctuations"" That is what I was referring to

Did the break in run, and I'm learning the controls, it's a beast. I did not measure the DOC I started a taper, and then engaged the travel, but it was a pretty hefty cut. All it did was make a slight change in the motor tone, 1700 RPM .022 per rev.

Another thing I like about the bigger lathe besides not having the open gear box of the 1340 is the real chip tray, not cookie sheets.
I wish we could afford one of these after reading this thread...

But ours is a used only budget.

Did you do an oil change yet?

No, but I have the oil on hand, the sight column is still clear. I'm thinking about it soon though.

I just changed mine after I think 3 years. It was perfect. I've put four gallons in the HS and it really should have another. The oil level is about a third of the way up on the site glass on the oil tank reservoir. The gearbox took maybe a quart and a half.
Oh, and if you really want to get it all you'll need a large syringe to suck up off the bottom of the HS and oil tank.

Back