My New 1340GT

Waiting on a check from Morgan Stanley... :rolleyes:
Mine come from Chas Schwab... well they are electronically moved from there... :)
Thankfully, there should be a stream of them adequate to allow me to (modestly) exist and play in the shop when I retire.

Now if the lathe's would just ship... I suspect Monday or Tuesday we will get some tracking numbers...
I heard Matt had a power outage and negative F temps last week... that may be part of the slow progress. If it gets to Atlanta by the end of February, I will be good... have a VERY busy week this week with heating calls and furnace replacements.

No "stream" for me. Just part of a small stock option from work. :)

Next week would be a big no-no for me. We got a bunch of snow last night and the high today is supposed to be a whole 19 degrees. Then snow in the middle of this next week. I may need a couple of weeks for this shi...er...stuff to clear.

This ol' boy from Tucson isn't liking this Winter nonsense.

Bill I hate to tell you, but it is partly sunny and 75 degrees here in Phoenix. I am probably going to have to wear jeans in the shop today to keep the chill at bay;)

There's one in every crowd... :rolleyes:

With any luck I'll be back down there in about 3 years.

No "stream" for me. Just part of a small stock option from work. :)

Next week would be a big no-no for me. We got a bunch of snow last night and the high today is supposed to be a whole 19 degrees. Then snow in the middle of this next week. I may need a couple of weeks for this shi...er...stuff to clear.

This ol' boy from Tucson isn't liking this Winter nonsense.

That makes two of us...

I grew up in Houston TX... rarely gets below 30D F.
Thankfully in our cold snap here in Atlanta last week, we did not have enough snow or ice (at least I missed it) to mess with traffic or life...
But my area is not set up for temps below 20-ish... and we just almost touched single digits twice.

If I get a tracking number, I will let you know and you can call Matt and ask him to hold off for a few days.

So I've pretty much decided on the first upgrades/enhancements for the new lathe:

Pratt Burnerd Setrite 3-jaw, 8"
Dorian 5-piece QCTP set BXA
DroPros EL400 magnetic 2-axis DRO
Shars 7 piece indexable turning set, 3/4"

That should get me started. :D

Bill do you have a chop saw? If so you may want to pick up the metal cutting blade DroPro's recommend for trimming the scales to length. Also check out my old G4003G thread on that install, I had to manufacture a long reach drill and tap for the cross feed install.

There's one in every crowd... :rolleyes:

With any luck I'll be back down there in about 3 years.

Don't you have to pay personal property tax on your machines in AZ? I was looking at real estate in other states this weekend and that's one thing that turned me off on AZ.

We have a sales tax, but I am not familiar with a personal property tax on Machines. I will have to ask my accountant.

Non-commercial "household goods" are exempt, but is machinery for hobby use considered household goods. Residential is one of the four classifications of personal property, commercial, industrial, agricultural, residential. Machinery is listed as taxable personal property. Its not clear if machinery for hobby use would be taxable based on what I read.

I see they also basically steal the trade in value of your vehicle taxing you for a percentage of its value every year.

Bill do you have a chop saw? If so you may want to pick up the metal cutting blade DroPro's recommend for trimming the scales to length. Also check out my old G4003G thread on that install, I had to manufacture a long reach drill and tap for the cross feed install.

I have a small/cheap chop saw I use for golf shafts. I planned on watching DroPro's video on cutting these things before doing anything anyway, so I'll check on the blade they recommend. Matt says they get the 8x40 scales for their DRO installs on the 1340s, and DroPros offers a 8x40 size in the EL400 series. I may not have to cut them, but we'll see.

Back