My New 1340GT

Thanks! Read that quite a while back, but forgot about it. (where's the 'thanks' button?)

Well, Matt told me yesterday that this latest batch of 1340s are done and shipping, and that mine will ship soon. We're getting hammered right now with snow. Been going on since last weekend, and is forcasted off and on through next Wed. Warmer and sunny is predicted for next Thur and Friday. Keeping fingers crossed.

I mentioned before that I have a fairly steep driveway, well last night it really hit home when I pulled into the driveway (Jeep now sits outside since I started moving things around for the lathe) and after I got out it decided to slide down the driveway and into the street. With the trans in Park and the parking brake on. Pulled back into the driveway, and it did it again. Really weird to watch. So it spent the night last night on the street. Fortunately, the driveway was clear this evening. No clue about tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Yeah, mine shipped earlier this week... had a tracking number early Wednesday morning. As of Thursday afternoon, had not arrived at the supply house that is receiving it for me. We had un-seasonably cold and icy/snowy weather last week and this week... however it looks like it is clearing up. I need to call UPSground in the morning and see if it is gonna deliver Friday or next week.

I put a deposit on the very last one available, so mine will likely be the last out the door...

Good to hear about yours though! :)

THX Bill... In a week or so... we all will have our lathe's and be busy as beavers getting them set up.

Then the REAL fun begins... making chips!

Hey... we need a 'making chips' icon... LOL

Got a call from the shipping company (was supposed to arrive Wed the 25th, but.........), Delivery scheduled for the 4th now, but it's a tangible date anyway!

Just looked up the tracking number online... the package is in 'North Atlanta center'... which means about 5 miles away.
It will be delivered to the dock of a supply house... so it 'should' get there today... we will see.

Gonna be a BUSY weekend... I suspect all I am gonna get done is get the crates into the basement this evening.
I have a shooting competition Saturday (quarterly thing with HVAC/R guys, won it in Oct).
And a milling project (prototype) to work on all day Sunday.

If I can get the crate inside and opened... I think that will be a good start.

So far, no HVAC/R system changes next week, so if the weather is good, may get some work done on the stand.

Sorry, I missed this thread. Been busy as hell lately and haven't been on the forum much.

Glad to hear you guys are near to getting your lathes, sounds like some sooner than others but close none the same. I am excited to see you receive them and get them all setup and making chips.

Congrats.

Mike.

Last I talked to Matt, they were waiting(?) on a motor for me as the one they had was all dented (but he said the box was perfect, not sure how that could happen). But then said they could ship it UPS and I'd have it in a matter of days. So I really don't know what's going on just yet. Weather is going to be crap through Wed next week anyway.

I did order my PB chuck and DRO last night, so I felt pretty good about that. :D

Just talked to Matt on the phone: It appears that the company that Matt buys these 3 phase motors from has no idea when one for me might show up. First it was late Feb. Now it's end of March. But Matt told me he has one of the factory 3 phase motors and that he'd issue me a refund/credit for the difference. I figure if that motor is good enough for Mike and others here, it's OK in my book. I told him to throw a couple extra BXA #2s in the box and we'd call it good. :)

Oh...and the horse has left the barn. Matt says he should have a tracking # for me later today. :dancing banana:

Back