My new shop baby

I spent a month in Klamath Falls back in 68 . From what I remember it was a very nice place . My Aunt's family lived just on the base of a mountain range and can remember climbing up those mountains as a young boy . My cousin played football at Stanford U , roomed with Jim Plunkett and both went on to careers with the Oakland Raiders . He's now a lawyer down in the SF area but we have lost touch over all these years .

@Norseman C.B. She is coming along, looks like you have a handle on what you need to do to get her back up and running. At least you haven't indicated that you have found anything that is a game changer. Projects like these can sure test ones patience though, at least for me.

Looks like you are making good progress.
My wife and I love the Fortuna area.
Back when I was doing Civil War battles we put on a few shows in Fortuna.
Ferndale and the Lost Coast Road are places to see.

Found springs !! Now I gotta make a face spanner wrench to git the quill cap nut off
and get the spindle bearings replaced shoulda jus done that instead of tryin to buy beg borrow or steal one.
Hindsight is always the clearest, dammit !! Coulda had it done already............:mad:

Regarding the quill cap nut - I had to remove the one on my PM-835S and learned 2 things:
(1) As mentioned in the manual, the threads (at least on this mill) are left hand
(2) There's a setscrew on the back of the quill. Don't do like I did, miss it and booger up the threads!

Sing me a song about hindsight!

John, I have been wonderin about rt or lft as it did move about a quarter inch counter clockwise and stopped but got it back to the
start point and quit before I ruined the spanner holes bangin on a punch...............Hate it when tools I had disappear.........:burned up:

It is the tool gremlin, he does get around. I have had more tools disappear on our boat, there isn't too many places for them to go, but they are gone. :bang head:

It always takes me longer than it should. Got a cold saw project going, can only work on it weekends. I've got a lot of pneumatic fittings, just not the correct ones! Another order to Automation Direct.

Robin has an excellent video on rebuilding spindles.

Having managed to get too old, I have to be really careful about always putting things back. The next problem comes when I need to rearrange things & it isn't where it's always been. Recently got a new roll-around cabinet so I could get it all in drawers, which drawer was that? Haven't labeled them yet because I'm not sure I like the layout yet.

Norseman, I'm watching real close. This looks like what I'm about to be in for. Thanks for the pics and descriptions.

Back