My turn

Yes :grin: it is about machining, if this gets into a debate, it will not turn out well
If it's about tools there is confirmed knowledge, not follow the science, or lack there of. Just my opinion:)

I thought this was “off topic”.
Truly not trying to be argumentative, just sharing information.
Is this not a place to express thoughts?
Sharing information, is that not what a forum is for?

Sorry I'm not on the payroll here, so I'm not qualified to quote the book,on this one :)

@Aukai

Sorry to read you got the bug. Best wishes and I'll keep a good thought for you.

My experience:
I had a little scratchy throat Jan 2. My daughter suggested that I should get tested, so I did and I tested positive to my surprise. My symptoms lasted only a day and a half, then were totally gone. My case was so mild. No fever, no fatigue, very little coughing. I tested again Jan 9 and was negative.
I believe that my minor symptoms and quick recovery (2 days) were influenced by the fact that I had been vaccinated and boosted.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Get well soon, seems like almost all of our friends have gotten Omicron, many with minimal or no symptoms. In families one brings it home and everyone gets it. Fortunately symptoms seem less than the common cold. This is a worthwhile discussion, and as they say directly from the horses mouth. Unfortunately so much information these days is taken out of context and then used for propaganda these days, doesn't really seem to matter what country one lives in. Having conducted 100's of clinical studies in a wide range of medical indications and still doing medical consulting for many pharmaceutical companies (including Moderna), one needs to look at real data. One reason why most studies are double-blinded and the clinical/surrogate end points are determined at the beginign of the study as to therapeutic efficacy.

Vaccines do not stop infection, they decrease infectious load, diminish the symptoms, duration of recovery, and mortality. Many of the people that succumb to any infection often have inter current medical conditions, that exacerbate therir ability to recover. Many of the hospital admissions, covid is not the primary diagnosis for admission. So there is no simple right or wrong, fortunately we live in a country where we can (for the most part) choose our own coarse.

So stay well, and get back to the shop soon.

1642176905170.png
1642176682753.png

Back