Need help with used pm1030v

Yes, but as with all drill bits consider getting a quality US brand.
What drills to buy. I have a bunch on homedepo/lowes/hf drill sets I bought through the year but all turned into **** after 15-20 holes. I used slow speed and plenty of oil but did not made the difference that much. Also do you guys know where to get drills that are for tap and die sets “coarse/fine”

Looks cool but the milling machine is 12” on the y axis. I will look there if they have a bigger one it looks very nice though
Wider will give more resolution/sensitivity but it really shouldn’t matter. I’ll be using it on an 8x35 baby Bridgeport and will let you know how it performs.

John

Wider will give more resolution/sensitivity but it really shouldn’t matter. I’ll be using it on an 8x35 baby Bridgeport and will let you know how it performs.

John
Thanks a lot man. I will be waiting. Let’s hope it work good for you.

Are those drills for tapping ?
They're for making holes. ;)
Seriously, they are just well made, American drills that have handled everything I have needed with ease. I saw them recommended in a number of places and I definitely see why.

Thank a lot man. I need to find the bolt now. Can one harden the surface on a lathe like mine by itself?
You have to heat them evenly which would require either a large induction heating system or a large oven; then you would need to quench them at once. These operation are difficult for those of us in the garage. An option you might look into is a commercial vendor, I know in Houston Texas this would not be difficult nor horribly expensive as there are several companies that do this but I am not certain about your area.

Guys, now it is hitting my brain what is the best way to clean the lathe after work?
I use a shop vac, blue towels and way oil. Suck up the cuttings, Wipe down the machine and oil it.

They're for making holes. ;)
Seriously, they are just well made, American drills that have handled everything I have needed with ease. I saw them recommended in a number of places and I definitely see why.
I will get them and eventually replace the ones I already have. It’s on my todo list

I use a shop vac, blue towels and way oil. Suck up the cuttings, Wipe down the machine and oil it.
I got a few cotton rags from hf and 2 quarts of wd40 to star caring about the lathe and the rest of the tools. I got tired of the wd40 spray cans.

Added:

Will repurpose the old car vacuum cleaner. I hope it will do the Job.

Back