OT - Counterfeit Loctite?

At this point, I'm of the opinion that it is the seller who is committing fraud. The manufacturer did not copy the Loctite labelling nor does the word Loctite appear on the label. The ad for the 10 ml bottles that I ordered doesn't say even say "New-LOCTITE", it just says "Loctite". Yes, the mfgr. used the same number designation, but, as Intel learned back in the 80s, you can't copyright numbers.

At this point, I'm of the opinion that it is the seller who is committing fraud. The manufacturer did not copy the Loctite labelling nor does the word Loctite appear on the label. The ad for the 10 ml bottles that I ordered doesn't say even say "New-LOCTITE", it just says "Loctite". Yes, the mfgr. used the same number designation, but, as Intel learned back in the 80s, you can't copyright numbers.
Wouldn’t calling a generic product that worked like the original be patent infringement rather than fraud?

Wouldn’t calling a generic product that worked like the original be patent infringement rather than fraud?
The fraud occurs when the seller passes it off as the authentic product. There may be no patent infringement as the stuff in the bottle may be totally different then the LocTite product. There is copyright and/or trademark infringement in that the product looks substantially like the LocTite product to be confused by the casual observer.

The fraud occurs when the seller passes it off as the authentic product. There may be no patent infringement as the stuff in the bottle may be totally different then the LocTite product. There is copyright and/or trademark infringement in that the product looks substantially like the LocTite product to be confused by the casual observer.
That's more what I was thinking then, not good with legal terms, ask the judge.

I bought after watching Tom Lipton talk about the deal on Amazon. It works great. I just figured China uses a bunch of it for manufacturing, and there is a loctite manufacturing plant over there. So they sell the Chinese products. I could be wrong but it is working well. I bought a few different compounds.

BTW it's like the gray mkt electronic and camera equipment cheaper but not authorized for sale in the USA.

Can't be sure from the picture, but it looks to me like it still has some sort of Henkel branding (the owner of the Loctite name) on the bottom banding of the bottle. That of course does not mean it is genuine.

Back