• June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Pass Around 2018

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Cooter Brown

This is what I have taken from the box 20180608_102042.jpg

And here are the tools that I removed that I put in the box the last time I had it.
20180608_102058.jpg

dlane

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Don’t know what that stuff is that didn’t get taken except for the giant easy out , I think things that go in the box should be for hobby type machining not specially items for production type machines, that us hobby guys don’t have .
Looks like you took some useful tools out , hopefully useful tools go back in it.

Cooter Brown

I almost forgot to post a picture of these... I also took a 1/2" Hex Wrench and some bearing babbitt slugs.To whoever put the babbitt in there: I love you.
20180608_164746.jpg

kvt

Active User
For some reason every time I have put stuff like that in there, They do not last long. IT has been ages since I did any bearings with it. It is almost like when I use to body work with the leading, Don't miss that.

kvt

Active User
It was used on some of the older lathes etc instead of bronze bearings surfaces. I also use to have a set of bearing scrapers but they disappeared while I was in the desert years ago,

Brento

Swarf
Registered Member
Oh i would believe it from what i read. I wouldnt have a clue how to use themi thought they were solid lead blocks personally.

RandyWilson

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Arrived the box has. One riv-nut is giving me grief, spinning. I'll work on getting it out tomorrow evening.

RandyWilson

Nothing that drastic. A tap with a power screwdriver popped the screw loose.

All I have to say is holy Russian nesting dolls. There's no way I'm going to get all of that looked at in one night.... or back in the box.

RandyWilson

I'm going to have to scrounge for smaller items to put back in the box. And I'm biasing my "keeper" choices towards larger things.

I've been unexpectedly busy this week; got a list of honey-doos from my realtor. The box will be ready to go back on the road Saturday or Monday at the latest. Next in line please PM me an address.

extropic

Active User
I'm going to have to scrounge for smaller items to put back in the box. And I'm biasing my "keeper" choices towards larger things.

I've been unexpectedly busy this week; got a list of honey-doos from my realtor. The box will be ready to go back on the road Saturday or Monday at the latest. Next in line please PM me an address.
Rule #9 from the OP.
"9. If the box is in your possession it is your responsibility to contact the next member below you on the list for his or her address."

Not all the persons on the list "watch" the thread and may not be aware they're next. Therefore, rule #9.

RandyWilson

It took longer to repack this thing than it did to browse through the contents.

I was tempted to keep some bigger items, just to make room. But I just couldn't justify taking something I couldn't use... or even identify in some cases. The only thing I kept against my will was one pair of earplugs that were found after the box was sealed. I was NOT opening it again.

passaround18.jpg

The box was ready to go Saturday. Alas....

passaround18-1.jpg

I will have to do it on my lunch break Monday.

[6]
[5] [7]