Pitfalls to these Lyon cabinets for sale?

The eagle has landed. Cosmetically, they are a little rough, but functionally, they are solid! Only a couple of drawer guides need cleanup to roll smoothly, nothing major. Most of the drawers have dividers, but I’ll need to buy more. Holy smokes are they stout full open. They feel as though I could park a car on them and they wouldn’t sag!16F499C4-0C13-4518-BBAE-41C36416C15D.jpeg They are heavy, much heavier than my Troyke :grin:! He let me have the pair for $450. Now I get to unload them. I’m glad I bought the pallet jack the other day. I’m calling this a big win.

I don’t have the garage real estate at present, but he also had these. I didn’t ask him pricing as I figured I’d research them - surface grinders. He said he saw the Delta run, but not the Do All though he said it was complete. This guy and hs partner buy out shops and resells the equipment. They are not machinists or even mechanics, but friendly enough. What do you think?

219C492E-B390-49CD-A404-06AFC5E74929.jpeg
B59B0FFF-67C9-41DA-A33C-6A9E81889525.jpeg1DA3770C-E38D-446C-A43E-3365134943F6.jpeg83055449-9639-4940-8AC5-A4F8C0DA71BD.jpeg

I have the Delta, I would go for the Do-All if you are above grade, which I believe you are. But see it running.
Great score on the cabinets... YOU SUCK!!!
Bring them over, I'll refinish them for you... I work cheap... tools and food..

Id love the Delta bc all i need is a tool room grade or smaller one.
You need more room . I could load you up with Vidmars and a nice grinder , and I'll even deliver . :grin:

I am actually set pretty good on cabinets and storage for now Dave. Especially when I get that box from you. I could use a surface grinder though. Not sure it is in my budget though right now lol

Holy smokes are they stout full open. They feel as though I could park a car on them and they wouldn’t sag!
Most likely you could . I moved my 3 60" onto my small trailer by myself and drove them home . Worn out , I used the Kubota to lift them into the garage . They haven't moved since . You're going to love them . :)

@Gaffer , paint them up nice and perty and park a ShopTop on the pair . If you've ever seen pics of my Fooseball table , that is where the top came from . 2 of the Vidmars . :grin: I also have one on my box in at work . It's the perfect height for putting a machinist masheenest chest on . ;)

Back