PM-1660TL

Was it for something expensive? The Seller still has not responded to multiple messages. It might come down to PayPal.

In any case, I won’t be making any more large purchases on eBay anymore.

I wouldn't write off ebay over this, I've bought hundreds of items with several in the $200-1000 range with very few problem and none that I couldn't get resolved with the seller. Although I've never had to resort to Ebay / Paypal to resolve an issue they have a reputation of making things right for the buyer. In fact some sellers complain that ebay always sides with the buyer.

I am very selective with the buyers I will use though, on something more than $100 or so they need to have near perfect feedback, and some history behind them to get my money.

I did everything that I could. I requested a Return on eBay, and opened up a Dispute with PayPal. I also left negative feedback.

The eBay Seller got back to me and said that they are going to make it right. I will post the final result of this eBay drama here.

Ebay probably threatened them. It's good that you're going to get this resolved. Hopefully. Fingers crossed... :)

I had a $150 dispute with a seller, complained to eBay, in literally 10 minutes i got notified my PayPal account had been credited the whole amount.

Dan’s Discount Tools in St. Louis came through big time. They shipped out a replacement the next business day, and I received it today. Everything is hunky dory, and it was particularly well packaged.
image.jpg

Erik, you're gonna like what you get in that box. I am one who derives a lot of self-worth out of accomplishment, but I decided to pass on the complexities of VFD retrofits because rewiring stuff just isn't that interesting to me compared to what I could be doing with my tools. So I went the RPC route, because it's literally a no-brainer and it runs transparently (with a VFD, I would have lost my essential 2-speed capability to boot). American Rotary makes it easy and the quality is there.

What a monster. It's a bit more work but personally I'd rewire for VFD and gain the variability, soft start, torque control, savings in shop space, etc. Garage shop space is extremely valuable and being able to crawl and change speed on the fly is very important to me. When my new first lathe arrived many years ago the motor blew up immediately and I ended up putting a treadmill DC motor and controller on it because they were cheap and available at the time, and I hadn't become familiar with VFDs yet. They finally sent me a new AC motor which is still in the box, and I've never been interested in going back. I do a variety things on my lathe like winding line onto reels that could not be done safely, accurately and efficiently without the variable speed. To each his own, it's a personal choice.

Back