PM-1660TL

I put in a request for return, and I will post here how it turns out. The order was $1,170 and I have nothing usable.

It looks like this box had a very bad mishap at USPS.
Or crappy packing job by the seller. I picked up a set of 3/4" drive sockets years ago off eBay. Box showed up damaged with one socket in it. Paid under $50 including shipping so filed an insurance claim. They apparently had just loose set the sockets in the box.

I've won a number of auctions from eBay seller stm_surplus who does an EXCELLENT job packing heavy stuff. Most recently I picked up around eight 10" lengths of 1 1/4" 1018. It was double-boxed with the first box crammed full of paper & filler so the metal couldn't move.

Not used to this statement in this manner, but I'm sorry for your loss.

Bruce

Or crappy packing job by the seller. I picked up a set of 3/4" drive sockets years ago off eBay. Box showed up damaged with one socket in it. Paid under $50 including shipping so filed an insurance claim. They apparently had just loose set the sockets in the box.

I've won a number of auctions from eBay seller stm_surplus who does an EXCELLENT job packing heavy stuff. Most recently I picked up around eight 10" lengths of 1 1/4" 1018. It was double-boxed with the first box crammed full of paper & filler so the metal couldn't move.

Not used to this statement in this manner, but I'm sorry for your loss.

Bruce
For years, my job at UPS was doing damage inspections. You have to pack it well enough to sustain a 7’ fall at the worst possible angle.

Also, sharp things poking in, and heavy items popping out, never to return to the box.

A lot of Murphy’s Law comes into play.

For years, my job at UPS was doing damage inspections. You have to pack it well enough to sustain a 7’ fall at the worst possible angle.

Also, sharp things poking in, and heavy items popping out, never to return to the box.

A lot of Murphy’s Law comes into play.

I learned very quickly when I had my kart engine business how important packaging is. Your seller was lazy or reckless when packing the toolpost. Anyone who'd packed something like that more than once knows to cram the box as full of newspaper as they can get it + wrapping every heavy part in an extra layer of cardboard. The post office provides those packing materials for free so there's really no excuse, they are about to learn a very expensive lesson....

John

I learned very quickly when I had my kart engine business how important packaging is. Your seller was lazy or reckless when packing the toolpost. Anyone who'd packed something like that more than once knows to cram the box as full of newspaper as they can get it + wrapping every heavy part in an extra layer of cardboard. The post office provides those packing materials for free so there's really no excuse, they are about to learn a very expensive lesson....

John
This was an NIB Aloris toolpost kit, so I don’t know why the toolpost just had one layer 1/16” foam around it & then placed in a poly bag. Where is the factory box for this NIB item?! I wonder how Aloris ships these from the factory.

It was a very stupid packing job. I paid $65.11 for UPS Ground shipping & they shipped it in a USPS Flat Rate box. Anybody with any sense would have suspected that the heavy part could pop out, which isn’t going to do the part any good.

I used eBay to request a return and I filed a case with PayPal. It has been about 3 hours, and the Seller has not responded nor did they answer their phone.

Regarding the PM-1660TL, PM says that they get it mid-August & then they need to install a DRO. The DRO is also backordered.

I won’t have saved up quite enough money by then, but my wife said that she will bail me out if she is able.

The 10HP American Rotary AMP is enroute via FedEx freight. I have to work every weekday so my Dad is going to come by and receive the freight delivery. Hopefully that will go better than the toolpost kit!

I received all of my drop-in anchors & Grade 8 hardware. I will bolt down the PM-25MV, PM-1030V and bike repair stand tomorrow.

This was an NIB Aloris toolpost kit, so I don’t know why the toolpost just had one layer 1/16” foam around it & then placed in a poly bag. Where is the factory box for this NIB item?! I wonder how Aloris ships these from the factory.

It was a very stupid packing job. I paid $65.11 for UPS Ground shipping & they shipped it in a USPS Flat Rate box. Anybody with any sense would have suspected that the heavy part could pop out, which isn’t going to do the part any good.

I used eBay to request a return and I filed a case with PayPal. It has been about 3 hours, and the Seller has not responded nor did they answer their phone.

It will get sorted, perhaps they simply shipped the wrong thing.

They appear to be a real company operating out of St. Louis so maybe just a case of a new employee being careless. I learned the hard way though that when you file a claim with PayPay they can take a long time getting it sorted out compared with eBay which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Hopefully the phase converter will be packaged a little better, the companies that make the stuff tend to know how to make sure it arrives intact....

John

Here is the American Rotary 10HP AMP invoice. My outlet is 220V, 40A.

BF6C7F5C-D08C-45CA-8D1D-EFA66B056170.png

That is NOT the box a NIB Aloris should show up in. Someone removed it from the original packaging and put it in a cheap USPS box. Or maybe they never had the original box. And you paid for UPS, and they pocketed most of that money and sent it USPS. Sounds really fishy to me. The good news is that you will likely get your money back from PayPal.

Back