POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Married for over 40 years and still no HOA, but we were living on an AF Base for a few years. but they were not as picky as HOAs seem to be. What I did today was put weathertech floor mats in wife's new car. Just in time it is supposed to rain tonight.
Weathertechs before the first payment should be a requirement!

Should be a dealer option in exchange for the ones that come with the vehicle.

My local Toyota dealer offers Weathertechs with all new vehicles... at three times the price that I can buy them for.

No, thanks...

-Bear

My local Toyota dealer offers Weathertechs with all new vehicles... at three times the price that I can buy them for.

No, thanks...

-Bear
3x what WeatherTech wants is ridiculous: do they charge extra for installation and disposal of the new unused OEM mats (that they will sell to someone else)?

No, thanks...

-Bear
I don't understand the desire for weather tec. Long ago all American cars came with crappy rubber mats. The Japanese started offering the carpet insert. I prefer the carpet. Never did like the rubber.

I don't understand the desire for weather tec. Long ago all American cars came with crappy rubber mats. The Japanese started offering the carpet insert. I prefer the carpet. Never did like the rubber.
As much as we like the carpet mats, we prefer the rubber mats... the ones that can hold liquids in case of a spill. First thing I install on the cars.

If the factory has that option, I go with those. If not, then I go the WeatherTech route. But has to be the ones that are not slippery, can't stand those.

My truck has carpet, but I would rather have rubber. I take my dog to the park most days, and this time of year that is pretty muddy. Carpet just makes that a bigger thing to deal with.

The rubber helps keep the stuff I track into the vehicles out. Mud and all. There are some other ones that do not fit as well and do not stay put, so she keeps purchasing the weather tech . I keep the old carpet in case I sell it and have another that the weatherech will fit in. I keep purchasing the same type vehicles over and over.

Personally, anything that holds mold or allergens makes life miserable for me. I think that carpet in a vehicle is the worst thing you can do. You can NEVER get it fully clean. It holds water, grows molds and bacteria. They typically don't get enough airflow to ever fully dry, and everything you walk on gets left behind.

Modern cars are full of recycled paper products containing allergens, open cell foam that traps allergens, and sealed tight enough they don't breathe when they're wet. Downright miserable!

Back