[4]

Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

• Thread starter Deleted member 17524
  • Start date
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Yup, I need the aux. table only because of the 10 inch width and it needs to be angled to get the straight cut. Flip it over and do the other side. I ordered a new indexable face/side cutting shell mill 2.5 diameter 6 inserts.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I'd like to watch as Mark just sets it up. You would have to set it on edge and angle one end up. That translates to the first corner to be cut is over 12 inches in the air. No throat room I'm afraid. Plus at 65 lbs. that piece would be extremely difficult to handle standing only on it's 1.5 inch edge.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Aux. Table (Engineering Plate) is bolted down now and the new table measures .500X10X24. Almost ready to go. Just need a sacrificial piece to go betweed the work and table.

"Billy G"

102_1127 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The white template is the full size of the base. It dwarfs the table. The template ios to help figuring out whae This is gonna be fun.

"Billy G"
102_1128 (700 x 465).jpg

dirty tools

Active User
Registered
I would love to get a copy of the prints.
for a long time I have been interested in making a rail gun put don't know how or where to begin.
Good luck making it.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I was only gone from the shop for a couple of hours. I get back and the table is now 15X33. I will get the piece cut to 10X27 and we will be ready to go.

"Billy G"

102_1130 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Metal meats metal for the first time. All is in position. but not installed. Had to have a peek. LOL

"Billy G"

102_1131 (700 x 465).jpg 102_1132 (700 x 465).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Very nice Bill! Really looking forward to seeing this thing when it's done. They'll be drooling all over it at the range. :)

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
One or two more days cleaning and re-arranging and it's back to work. I put this off way too long. LOL I found three machines that need to be rebuilt.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Wow, so many things going bad at once. I expected to be back at this project by now. Son #4 just took the bull gear out on the little 6 inch Craftsman/Dunlop. It will have to wait.

"Billy G"

Billh50

Active User
One or two more days cleaning and re-arranging and it's back to work. I put this off way too long. LOL I found three machines that need to be rebuilt.

"Billy G"
I know the feeling. Been putting off some straightening in my shop area too long. I started to organize and found 3 projects I really need to finish up. It gets a bit overwhelming at times. But if I plug away for a caouple days I should have everything straightened out so I can finish up at least 2 of the projects. That is if the vehicles stay running long enough I can get in the shop.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Wow, another 6 to 8 week wait for the barreled action to be made. Long line I guess. LOL That's OK, I can wait. Found an old project to resurrect. Guess what it is Gator. LOL

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I am afraid that this thread must come to an abrupt end, at least for 5 years. Tomorrow, May 12th my son is being released from a half way house. He will be staying at my home for the next five years. No weapons can be on the premises for the time he is on probation. Sorry folks, the fun is over for some time to come. Please accept my humblest apologies for this.

"Billy G"

Steve Shannon

Rocketgeek
No apologies needed. I hope that everything works out for your son and you.

Steve Shannon

34_40

Just a beginner
Times two Bill! Take care of family first, we'll be here when the time comes to start this back up..
Can you tell I'm an optimist? LOL..

[5] [7]