Resolved Site delays at times

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I’m getting delays like the site is down.
I will post a comment and hit, post. Nothing happens.
I go on to another site, come back later and my post is still waiting to send, hit post and all is well.
Just me?

It's on the server end.
The lag is in the mySQL database communications on the server.
Most prevalent when attaching photos or checking notifications or submitting a post, that's dB timeout/lagging.
Showed up right after the upgrade.

Upvote 0
So, I thought I'd revisit this issue to see if there was something I could do different because it is Sept 6,2020 and the loading problem still exists. This has been marked as "resolved" are others still having problems too?

Upvote 0
Yes, occasionally there are very long delays in downloading items on the forum.

Upvote 0
Same here. I'm not sure who marked it as Resolved but I would place the odds as about 1:25 to 1:50 of it happening the next time that you click on pretty much anything that you try to do can be affected.

Upvote 0
This web site is slow, modern cameras take huge images now, if these are not reduced in size they contribute to the slow download speeds.
I can see some pages with many photos downloading a line at a time.
My connection is 100mb/s fibre optic to the premises.
I do not notice this slowdown on any other website.

Upvote 0
I don't experience that general slowness. Even large photos appear quickly. What this thread is complaining about is that at random intervals separated by anything from seconds to days, the site freezes except for a little repeatitive video activity that one can see in the general area of the main tool bar moving from left to right.

Upvote 0
I see “resolved” over my initial post for the freezing issue.
I don’t know about the rest of you but I stiil experience freezing on my pc and i pad.
Probably about 20% of the time.
This happens at home and at work

Upvote 0
Same here, Jeff. It's not as bad as it was right after the hosting service change, but one out of three navigating clicks results in a delay it seems.

Upvote 0
Back