South Bend 9A restoration happening w/pics!!

Following this thread as I am going down the same rabbit hole later this year.

Question: Are all the consumables needed for a restoration like this available somewhere in kit form that would include everything needed?
A felt kit and rebuild manual are available on EBay.

It just gets better all the time. On the QCGBox the reight select lever is busted and the geat roller bearing fell apart.20200115_105735.jpg

I suspect the seller is crooked and should be reported to ebay and some refund given.
Looking at the pic of his shop I know he's no novice and took advantage of you.
He obviously slapped a bunch of crap together and played dumb about it.

Except for the motor pulley and spindle pulley, being they are their new, I think he picked it up somewhere and just wanted to make it run and sell it. The lathe didn’t look like it had been into at all. But he did sell it for a super premium price.

OUCH!
Any way to access the original listing?

It just gets better all the time. On the QCGBox the reight select lever is busted and the geat roller bearing fell apart.

Is the lever busted, or just missing a chip? Also, the roller bearing should be easily obtainable.

I still say you should make a claim on ebay. I did that on a computer that I bought that was listed as "100% original and complete". So many parts were swapped for inferior parts and missing, that I opened a claim. I gave ebay the original specs for the computer, then what was actually in it and won. I got all my money back AND I didn't even have to return the computer!

I second the idea of a claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far as the QC is concerned I worry that the holes for the shafts and bearing were properly aligned before welding it up.
Ebay will approve any request for a refund. Doesn't matter if the listing says AS-IS, Paypal (presuming you used it) will freeze the sellers account until things are rectified.
It's a matter of principal, no?

OUCH!
Any way to access the original listing?
Here is what was included in the item description on eBay.

I have a 1945 9" south bend lathe 18" between centers.
This isn't the prettiest lathe and it's kind of a franken lathe but still works great!
Has a taper attachment!!!!
Cross cut works, threading works, and power feed works!
Comes with some tooling, come with a live center, dead center a couple drill chucks
Full set of cutting tools
6" calipers
T handle allen wrenches
Comes with the table it sits on

Here's the listing:
Click see original listing for the pics.
If you click on his sold items you will find a plethora of machine shop related items:

Back