Toolpost tantrum

I’ll have to see what the taxman says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you get a bandsaw you'll wonder why you didn't get it first. It won't mean you won't make mistakes but you won't feel so utterly defeated because you wouldn't have spent so much effort like with the hacksaw :)

I've been using my vert bandsaw a lot today and mistakes are just an excuse to load something else on the auto feed sled and stand there in slack jawed wonder wondering why I didn't do this 40yrs ago.......almost as mesmerizing as the shaper.

I’m in a chicken/egg situation; I have a 4-jaw but need the toolpost to machine it’s backing plate.
I could use the lantern post but I don’t have any 1/4” HSS blanks nor does my local tool store.
So it was sawing for me.
In cruel irony I could have used my angle grinder to make the cuts, but I didn’t trust myself to make an accurate cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McMaster, overnight.hss blanks.
You are a human, we all make daily mistakes.

1579401789315.png
And I still have the CE cheapie from (5) years ago and it's still doing fine.
Of course YMMV, and you wouldn't want to do production output with it, but it sure does come in handy.
And I got the Bauer while they were still taking the 20% coupons. :cool:

I would like to call @mikey out. I bought a Bridgeport thinking that my man parts would grow 10 sizes. I only got two. I feel ripped off!

Hey, don't complain; at least you got two sizes. I have an Asian mill and that only got me 0.5 times. My little Sherline mill only got me 0.2 times. Besides, if you got any more you wouldn't be able to reach the crank to raise the knee so just be happy ...

You see, Dave? Bet you thought I was joking, eh?

You got " short " changed for sure ! :eek 2:

Cracked me up!! :cheer:

I WAS going to post that I'm living proof that your statement wasn't necessary accurate , but felt it may be TMI . ;)

Back to Dave , you should have mentioned you needed 1/4" bits 3 weeks ago , I would've thrown them into the box . I also have a back plate for your lathe if you would happen to screw that one up .

Back