Toolpost tantrum

I have an Asian mill and that only got me 0.5 times.

okay, wait.....do you mean 50% bigger(1.5x) or shrunk to half size?
Never mind, I don't wanna know!

My little Sherline mill only got me 0.2 times.

.....and I'm not even doing the math on that.

I'll just say that my 11,000 pound Cincinnati mill is working great.............although at 104 years old it is acting its' age. :cautious:

-brino

Last edited:
okay, wait.....do you mean 50% bigger or shrunk to half size?

I'll just say that my 11,000 pound Cincinnati mill is working great.............although at 104 years old it is acting its' age. :cautious:

-brino
When you hit 104 you'll be acting your age also... :laughing:

I rough cut my holder blank with a 4½" angle grinder with a cut-off wheel, then finished on a 6x48" belt sander.
Even with a bandsaw I still use the angle grinder. Clamp the part in a workmate and use the grinder's guard as a guide along the flat top of the workmate

Hehe. Let's see. I've got one vise hold-down that I milled the wrong side on, and the Y axis thrust washer mod for my mini mill has the mounting bolts sitting proud of the bearing block because I counter-sunk the wrong side. The former is waiting for some other project (riiiight), and I decided the mounting bolts looked just fine sitting there on the surface of the block. Kinda pretty....:rolleyes:

Those are a few of the ones I'm willing to admit to.....

Most of the misteaks occurred when I came back to complete a project a few days/weeks later. I meant mistakes. Maybe.

Thanks all, I feel much less like a dufuss now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, don't complain; at least you got two sizes. I have an Asian mill and that only got me 0.5 times. My little Sherline mill only got me 0.2 times. Besides, if you got any more you wouldn't be able to reach the crank to raise the knee so just be happy ...

okay, wait.....do you mean 50% bigger or shrunk to half size?

I think that means he has to sit down to pee now :grin:

Cut, weld, repeat.
This is why metalworking is so much better than woodworking.
How so you figure it is better? (sez the guy who makes his collet storage racks out of oak...)
Cut, glue, repeat. Very similar.
Granted, doesn't come out as nice as a good weld patch does... :grin:

How so you figure it is better? (sez the guy who makes his collet storage racks out of oak...)
Cut, glue, repeat. Very similar.
Granted, doesn't come out as nice as a good weld patch does... :grin:

My woodwork had always been done with a machinists mentality. I made a collet rack for my extra 5c's from wood. Winter came, now I can't get them out. It took me over 30 years to learn how to build a wood gate that would open in the winter.

Back