USA Totality Eclipse 2024

welding helmets are good for viewing directly.. they recommend a 10 lens.
Yep, that's my tool of choice for today. We're in the path for 3 min 50 sec of total eclipse. Looking like we may actually have a clear enough day for good viewing. I even charged up the batteries on the DSLR.

Cloudy at the moment. Bet it will be clear right after it is over!
Pierre

Driving down to Brockville Ont to get in the path of the total eclipse, Might be cloudy but hopefully worth the drive.

Greg

I watched the 2000 one in Europe all crazy before and inside the houses scared. It was short and nothing happened apart from the scare at that time. Good for tourism.

welding helmets are good for viewing directly.. they recommend a 10 lens.
The news media here was recommending a shade 12 or higher. I have two wide view lenses in shades 10 and 11. The light is a little bright with the 10, better with the 11, but both are acceptable. Wearing my Polaroid sunglasses in addition, either is perfectly comfortable.

I watched the 2000 one in Europe all crazy before and inside the houses scared. It was short and nothing happened apart from the scare at that time. Good for tourism.
What scare? I didn't know people were scared by it.

The sun, it's being eaten away!!!!

Give me something to sacrifice, Quick!

We looked at it for just a second with the auto darken on 12. About half eclipse now, but we won't have the full deal. Oh no. I forgot to buy milk and bread. My eyes are so screwed up already I don't want to risk too much.

My wife has an phone appointment, in the middle of the eclipse, to sign up for Medicare. Bad omen maybe.

Back