Wanting to power a lead screw

did you build that belt grinder?
Yeah, it would be nice to get it at that price. (Not that I think thats going to happen)
They say that KBIC 120 is a good board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv7Q1_bQeeE

EDIT
Do you guys know if I can weld a bracket onto the motor case or maybe more so on to the bracket that is already
welded to the motor housing?
Will I do anything to the windings or the magnets, or should I just try to bolt something to the brackets.
It is still in the thought process, I am not sure if I have to weld onto it or not.

Last edited:
Look at the KK6039T
And look at the KBIC above.
Looks like a lot more components on the KBIC board.
Like I said, "They" say that KBIC 120 is a good little board.

On those little PWM boards we got, and you guys have mounted in a box, did you mount it (the board) on some type of plastic or rubber mounts?
Looks like I am going to need something to keep the solder joints from shorting to the metal box.
(unless l use a plastic box)
This is the little board for the wiper/leadscrew motor I am talking about now.
Also, do you think I need to run a fuse in the Hot wire feeding into my power supply.
I was fooling with it tonight, but I am going to have to get some different pulleys.
I had the lead screw geared down too much. I need a smaller pulley on the lead screw, or a bigger pulley on the motor.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Now that's awesome! Like "they" always say, it never hurts to ask... good on ya for doing so and nabbing the discount. Can't wait to see it/them in action... :)

I think the first question is: What is the HP or Amp rating on the controller that you have? If you have a 21 amp motor and are trying to run it with a 15 amp controller, it's probably not going to like it. Based only on that chart, it looks like the max is 15 amps, or 3 HP at 180 volts. If that is a 90 volt motor, you may have the wrong controller for it.

If you want to try it, then I would get the 0.006 ohm resistor. The controller will probably current limit anyway to protect it's self, so the motor may not develop it's full rated power.

When I first got the KBMD-240D I asked the seller what they recommended, and as your motor is similar to the one I used at the time... oughta be close. They said that the treadmill motors were not to be trusted, rated HP-wise, so went with a 1 HP resistor. Never had a problem, always ran fine if not up to its full potential if a higher rated resistor were used. If you have an empty 20A circuit available you might try the 1.5 HP resistor, but use the 1 HP resistor if on a shared or 15A circuit.

Hopefully, someone with practical experience/training will chime in and lead you in the straight and narrow if I'm off course here... :)

Back