Well... I finally did it. PM-833TV (now in my shop!)

PM6.jpg

PM7.jpg

Love your garage dude! I used to be into motorcycles big time, especially rice rockets and corner carvers. :D

Post lots of pics of your new toys!

First question that maybe someone with an 833 on the PM stand can help with? Trying to figure out how far out from the wall the stand should be. Once it's on the stand - can anyone give me the measurement from the back of the mills column to the back of the stand?

Need to get it away from the wall enough to clear this shelf.

Stand1.jpg

Stand2.jpg

Nice bikes!
I recall the blue and white Suzuki, but I can't remember the exact model...
Oh nice mill stand ;)

Nice bikes!
I recall the blue and white Suzuki, but I can't remember the exact model...
Oh nice mill stand ;)

GS1000S - I bought it new when I was 22 years old in 1979. Only several hundred were brought into the U.S. in 79 and 80, so they are rare machines these days. It's a wonder it's still around and I never tossed it into a ditch and wadded it up, LOL.

Wes Cooley and Yoshimura made the bike famous: https://www.roadracingworld.com/new...y-to-appear-at-season-opener-at-road-atlanta/

GS1000S - I bought it new when I was 22 years old in 1979. Only several hundred were brought into the U.S. in 79 and 80, so they are rare machines these days. It's a wonder it's still around and I never tossed it into a ditch and wadded it up, LOL.

Wes Cooley and Yoshimura made the bike famous: https://www.roadracingworld.com/new...y-to-appear-at-season-opener-at-road-atlanta/
Right! I remember that bike in magazines at the time. I was a young whipper-snapper who lapped up anything to do with motorcycles. Superbikes of that era really worked for me. I think it was the fact that they 'look like a motorcycle" that did it for me.

Nice shop dood!
Nice milling machine.
You kind of suck.

LOL, don't hate on me, I have always worked in ****ty dirty hot garages in the summer, and freezing sheds in the winter. At one point in my life all I had was a motorcycle and a open end shed with a dirt floor and a riding lawnmower to put it in. :D

edit: and my only tools were stuffed in an old fishing tackle box.

Been moving towards this shop for 40 years man, and it's gonna be complete. My plan is to never have to take anything to a welder or machine shop again. :encourage:

I had a '81 CBX, grey, with the faring, bags, and the European control kit (rearsets and cafe bars) that I wish I still owned. Put almost 80k miles on that in 2.5 years and stupidly sold it. My last track bike was my '86 GSXR1100. :)

There was a time when I owned 4 motorcycles and didn't own a car. I was young then, and all my spare money went into my bikes. Cars were for sissies... ;)

Back