What Did You Buy Today?

IMG_8566.jpeg
More Treston boxes :chunky: This time in a bit smaller size (1525) to allow the sliding door to move freely.

I will probably install a protective rubber mat under the boxes before loading them with stuff. A rubber mat not only protects the shelves from wear, but also eliminates the annoying metallic noise steel shelves make.

I love the smell of volatile organic compounds in the morning.

Went on my normal friday hgr visit to go check out the cincinnati horzt to get some measurements to make a skid for getting it home, opened the back door and found the navy tag, kind of cool because my pratt and whitney lathe is also old navy surplus and both were made in 1941. Two old war machines. While I was there found a few cat 50 tool holders for a good price which Ill run adaptor studs on.

Attachments

• 20230818_143317.jpg
    20230818_143317.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230818_091537.jpg
    20230818_091537.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 18
Went on my normal friday hgr visit to go check out the cincinnati horzt to get some measurements to make a skid for getting it home, opened the back door and found the navy tag, kind of cool because my pratt and whitney lathe is also old navy surplus and both were made in 1941. Two old war machines. While I was there found a few cat 50 tool holders for a good price which Ill run adaptor studs on.
what are the adapter studs? doesn't your machine have a drawbar instead of a stud holder?

The nose on this is a ntmb 50 so you can run a bar or a tool holder. For running a cat 50 tool holders they make a stud that screws in the back of a cat 50 holder which basically makes the skirt the ntmb 50 has and adapts to the nmtb drawbar thread. So its more of a thread adaptor then a stud but it does create that nub the nmtb holders have.

Everything must be on wheels... got a cart for the MIG welding machine...

W1.jpeg

and also got a small grinder... I have a nice one at the other house, but needed one today and this was only 20.00... 4-1/2" grinder.

W2.jpeg

Everything was just place on the cart... I need to make a few hangers for the tools... and need to buy a tank. Need to figure out where in Ocala I can get those...

Oh, and these arrived... so nice!!

C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Everything must be on wheels... got a cart for the welding machine...

View attachment 457452

and also got a small grinder... I have a nice one at the other house, but needed one today and this was only 20.00... 4-1/2" grinder.

View attachment 457454

Everything was just place on the cart... I need to make a few hangers for the tools... and need to buy a tank. Need to figure out where in Ocala I can get those...

Oh, and these arrived... so nice!!

View attachment 457455

There's an Airgas branch right smack in the middle of Ocala, stop by and pick one up!

The cheap grinders aren't bad, they're just noisy and vibrate like crazy. I've got one or two that I keep set up with different discs. My dad likes to buy them, wear them out, and toss 'em. I prefer Bosch if I'm going to spend any amount of time with one, but I'm most likely to be on my back running it overhead for an hour at ago. But for dirty duty like wire wheel and flap disc, they get it done without much issue.

There's an Airgas branch right smack in the middle of Ocala, stop by and pick one up!

The cheap grinders aren't bad, they're just noisy and vibrate like crazy. I've got one or two that I keep set up with different discs. My dad likes to buy them, wear them out, and toss 'em. I prefer Bosch if I'm going to spend any amount of time with one, but I'm most likely to be on my back running it overhead for an hour at ago. But for dirty duty like wire wheel and flap disc, they get it done without much issue.
Airgas Ocala Address: 214 SW 33rd Ave, Ocala, FL 34474 - Tel: (352) 351-4417- Thank you, I was really not sure where to go as this would be the first time buying one (well, two). I checked what I knew, Tractor Supply, Northern Tool... they did not have anything in stock. The Airgas that came up in my search, only dealt with Healthcare equipment (oxygen tanks and such)... I see there are more than one store. I will call Monday morning to make sure they have it to pick up.

I am guessing, for a newbie/hobby use - 80 tank should be fine? Or 125??

On the grinder, that is what I have at the other house (Bosch or Makita, can't remember right now)... I have had it with me for over 25 years and still working fine, with all the abuse that I give it.. reminds me that I should get a new brush set for it before it needs it.

Back