What Did You Buy Today?

Actually just noticed one isn’t pressurized anymore so I’ll have to go back.

I went to my local hardware store to buy some gardening gloves for my mum for Christmas and I noticed that they had a new display full of Japanese KDS cutting tools. Long story short, I now have a new hook type cutter :grin:

1703339534655.jpeg

Stolen from another website

A Starrett 459 is a Cutter Clearance gage, for measuring end mills, helical cutters, and other multiple toothed cutting tools.
You set the rear end of the gage on tooth # 3, slide the movable one on the slide bar of the unit and usually hook the # 1 tooth at juncture of the peg and short rear extension of the flat. The finger hole movable piece is ( loosen jamb nut on side first) set on # 2 tooth
and the primary and secondary angles are measured directly from how you set this movable part on the tooth relief of tooth form. Works the same way on side teeth, or practically any tooth form you wish to measure.

Tom Burgess, Kalispell, Mt.

Dang, a knowledgeable local guy. I would love to be able to watch and learn.

IMG_2385.jpeg
Sometimes a guy just can’t walk away. This is a Dewalt MBC radial arm saw. I don’t know if it’s in running condition, but its primary duty right now is as a winter project. The key isn’t wired in. She’s got some mud dauber nests, and rat poison falling out. What can I say? I’m a sucker for a girl in need.

View attachment 471686
Sometimes a guy just can’t walk away. This is a Dewalt MBC radial arm saw. I don’t know if it’s in running condition, but its primary duty right now is as a winter project. The key isn’t wired in. She’s got some mud dauber nests, and rat poison falling out. What can I say? I’m a sucker for a girl in need.
Is that bat guano on top?

What flavor Halon? Some have been banned.
New ones can't be sold, and old ones can't be refilled. I'm not sure if one can be recharged if the Halon hasn't leaked out. Otherwise, the ban has no effect on existing extinguishers.

How does a Halon extinguisher work? Can you repressurize with air or nitrogen?

Back