What Did You Buy Today?

Another crazy time when I'm buying back what belonged to me in the first place . I lent a rotary table to my co-worker back in 2000 or so , and am now buying his tools back from his surviving wife . I didn't see it on the walk thru but I know it's there . Home once again after 22 years maybe if I find it . It was a Walters H or V table .
well just tell the widow about what you are looking for and that you lent it to him. You don't have to buy it.

well just tell the widow about what you are looking for and that you lent it to him. You don't have to buy it.
I did let them know Jeff but I wrote it off 10 years ago as he was a good friend . ;) I'm laying out over a couple grand for his stuff so it's not an issue in the big picture . :dunno:

I bought some clamps at an estate sale today. Paid a bit too much but I've kinda had a jones for good USA drop forged clamps for a long time.
One 12" and two 9" Armstrong, a 10" Wilton and some little Williams.
Gonna have to stop buying tho.
Or make my clamp hanger longer.
love your style1. proud to say I spend a little time at camp over kill

She looks beautiful. Now do us all a favor, don't drop it when moving. Too many horror stories. Please attach outriggers to your machine to prevent it from falling toward us, that is the fall that can do the most damage. I assume those pucks underneath the levelers are not going to slide. Consider some sheet metal under them so they will until they are in their spot if you are going to slide it. Proceed slowly.. And good luck.

One thing I wish all the manufacturers of those type of cabinets would do is put pockets in the bottom for 2x4s all the way through where the levelers are, that would not interfere with the levelers bolts. then it would be easy enough to stick a 2x4 on both ends to prevent the unit from tipping over while moving, and thus avoiding the heartache. Not doable on the old cast iron, but certainly doable on those sheet metal cabinets. Just make the pocket some tubing and everyone can benefit by having their machines safe during a move.

Plan on making a trip down to start this latest move . Not sure what will be coming home with me , but I know all about pics . They'll show up when it happens . :big grin:

One thing I wish all the manufacturers of those type of cabinets would do is put pockets in the bottom for 2x4s all the way through where the levelers are, that would not interfere with the levelers bolts. then it would be easy enough to stick a 2x4 on both ends to prevent the unit from tipping over while moving, and thus avoiding the heartache. Not doable on the old cast iron, but certainly doable on those sheet metal cabinets. Just make the pocket some tubing and everyone can benefit by having their machines safe during a move.
Not the exact model, but this is how PM wants the 1440 rigged:

IMG_6651.jpeg

Back