What Did You Buy Today?

The first PB Swiss product I’m not fully satisfied with. The product in question is the PB 505.L wall mount universal tool holder.

While it can accommodate a variety of different sized tools, it’s structurally lacking. The aluminium rail bends under load and the plastic clips that are supposed to hold the tools don’t feel very strong either.

IMG_2560.jpeg

If the item in question had cost me more than what it did, I’d probably send it back.

She looks beautiful. Now do us all a favor, don't drop it when moving. Too many horror stories. Please attach outriggers to your machine to prevent it from falling toward us, that is the fall that can do the most damage. I assume those pucks underneath the levelers are not going to slide. Consider some sheet metal under them so they will until they are in their spot if you are going to slide it. Proceed slowly.. And good luck.
Honestly,
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to rent a low mast forklift that will fit through the garage door to move it. That would be the easiest way to do it.

If the item in question had cost me more than what it did, I’d probably send it back.

If not fit for purpose as designed and if not fully as it is described to be, send it back. The more people that do that, the better.

If it were me, I would send it back. It would just drive me nuts knowing something is not up to expected standards or not fit for purpose as designed.

It finally arrived. The PM-1440-2V. Ordered late November I believe. It was a pain to get off the double pallets with only the cherry picker and a jack, but once the wiring is fixed I will move it back towards the wall and under the lights.
View attachment 477191
Very nice, and I like the leveling pads I bought those as well.

If not fit for purpose as designed and if not fully as it is described to be, send it back. The more people that do that, the better.

If it were me, I would send it back. It would just drive me nuts knowing something is not up to expected standards or not fit for purpose as designed.
I'll search for an alternative solution and return this if I find one. The problem with most of the wall mount tool holders like this, is that they can't accommodate screwdrivers with large diameter shafts.

On second thought, there is always the option to 3D print a custom one. I'll look into that too.

Last edited:
I'll search for an alternative solution and return this if I find one. The problem with most of the wall mount tool holders like this, is that they can't accommodate screwdrivers with large diameter shafts.

On the second thought, there is always the option to 3D print a custom one. I'll look into that too.

A few years back, I actually made one from unequal angle iron at work. Drilled the holes to the sizes needed, cut the ends to include fold down fillets and brazed them. Only took about an hour and a half or so. Lasted until I left that job and sold the holder to one of my old colleagues. Probably still as good as the day it was made if it is still about.

Holes for the Standard (flat blade) screwdrivers had the shaft diameter hole, plus smaller holes drilled either side, then the wall between the filed out to allow the blade to pass through.

Which reminds me........... I need some unequal angle for a reprise of that idea for my Tailstock tooling, plus a drill press. Time to go window shopping until payday!

Last edited:
Quite a haul today . Loaded until my legs got loaded ! :eek::eek: Now to unload into my non-existing imaginable empty space out in the garage . Plenty plenty plenty of Starrett stuff up for the chopping block soon . :encourage:

Quite a haul today . Loaded until my legs got loaded ! :eek::eek: Now to unload into my non-existing imaginable empty space out in the garage . Plenty plenty plenty of Starrett stuff up for the chopping block soon . :encourage:

Pity you are in the states... Looking for Starret metrology equipment myself!

Back