What Did You Buy Today?

Showed up in my mailbox this afternoon. Thanks David!

2ac146198a4d5840b360c15fb3f8efa6.jpg

Now to figure out how I can use it in my 50 taper machines at work and home shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have these in a few days. Thought I would put up the info for anyone interested. Three piece adjustable transfer punches at KBC tools, saw them on Steve Summers channel. The cheapest I could find them on e-bay was $129, all the rest were $229. The freight is a little high, but still seemed like a good deal to me. Mike

Call Us: (800) 521-1740
Click Here to Login | Register
KBC Tools & Machinery
All Metal... All The Time

PO #:
Placed by:

Payment Method:
Visa
Shipping Instructions:
Ship USPS flat rate if available.
Part #
Description
Qty
UOM
Price
Ext. Price
8-408-058
8-408-058
3PC EXPANDING TRANSFER PUNCH SET
EA
$31.03

$31.02
Estimated Freight:
$20.90
Estimated Total:
$51.92

Should have these in a few days. Thought I would put up the info for anyone interested. Three piece adjustable transfer punches at KBC tools, saw them on Steve Summers channel. The cheapest I could find them on e-bay was $129, all the rest were $229. The freight is a little high, but still seemed like a good deal to me. Mike

KBC Tools & Machinery

PO #:
Placed by:

Payment Method:
Visa
Shipping Instructions:
Part #
Description
Qty
UOM
Price
Ext. Price
8-408-058
8-408-058
EA
$31.03

$31.02
Estimated Freight:
$20.90
Estimated Total:
$51.92
I saw them too. Would like to know how they turn out. Freight is ridiculous for that. Should be much less. Even close to a small flat rate box... I doubt they use USPS though.

I agree on the freight, but most of the larger outfits don't use USPS. It may eventually end up on e-bay at a lower price with free shipping, but who knows. Mike

Found this if it helps. If you get it let me know what you think, as I have a fifty taper mill also. Mike

KBC Tools & Machinery

PO #:
Placed by:

Payment Method:
Visa
Shipping Instructions:
Part #
Description
Qty
UOM
Price
Ext. Price
8-408-058
8-408-058
EA
$31.03

$31.02
Estimated Freight:
$20.90
Estimated Total:
$51.92
And they're out of stock – knew it was too good to be true!

Found this if it helps. If you get it let me know what you think, as I have a fifty taper mill also. Mike

Thanks, good to know that they make something. I was thinking about how I would make one, if needed.

Thought I’d check eBay to see if anything used came up. Wow, the one new one I found they are super proud of.

a1e15e75631fd55556b08eeca9e63427.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you bolt the adapter to your R8 tool's draw thread, then the drawbar holds the adapter? Maybe for a super special R8 Tool, but otherwise I'd rather scour and shell out for the tools that fit the spindle...

So you bolt the adapter to your R8 tool's draw thread, then the drawbar holds the adapter? Maybe for a super special R8 Tool, but otherwise I'd rather scour and shell out for the tools that fit the spindle...
Agreed!

You could take that crazy R-8 fly cutter, and mail it to me. Then you won't have to worry about silly adapters and such nonsense. It would feel right at home amongst my monocommunal collection R-8 tooling. :)

A wax heater to wax my bicycle chains.

Silca recently released this product called Stripchip, which prepares the chain for waxing using a process called oleogelation. The downside to this one-pot solution is that it requires a temperature of 125°C (257°F) to function and most wax heaters cannot reach this temperature. Silca sells their own wax heater for 119€ ($130), but I managed to buy the exact same wax heater from an Ukrainian online beauty store for 17€ (19$) :grin:

I also bought a pair of Tucker BurnGuard gloves to protect myself while waxing the chain. With traditional chain waxing methods personal safety hasn’t been much of a concern due to the lower temperatures required to apply the wax.

Back