What Did You Buy Today?

Showed up in my mailbox this afternoon. Thanks David!

2ac146198a4d5840b360c15fb3f8efa6.jpg

Now to figure out how I can use it in my 50 taper machines at work and home shop.

So I have a adapter that goes from Nmbt50 to R8
So I can use all my Bridgeport tooling in my bigger mills !!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you bolt the adapter to your R8 tool's draw thread, then the drawbar holds the adapter? Maybe for a super special R8 Tool, but otherwise I'd rather scour and shell out for the tools that fit the spindle...

This is supposed to be an auto feeding boring bar to make inside grooves, and doing a facing cut.

As I understand it, as the spindle is rotating, you hold the knurled ring and the head will start getting bigger. Make’s it easier to cut snap rings grooves in the mill.

At my work, I sometimes need to add snap ring retainer grooves on cylinder ends that have self aligning bearings installed. All depends on how we might have repaired the wire out end.

Just another tool in the toolbox. I am outfitting my home shop better than my workplace shop with some of the tooling I am collecting. At least if I ever get fed up working for the boss, I will have everything I need to start my own business, or ramp up my hobby income to survive.

I figure investing in tools is a better investment long term than stocks. At least til I realize I can not physically work anymore.

I have a pretty decent collection of 50 taper tooling for the big Gorton mill, but a much wider selection of R8 tooling for the other two. So for $70 + freight it might not be a bad investment for the times it would come in handy. Seems you wouldn't loose much if any in the Z axis, and rather than having to move to another mill it could save you a lot of setup time on some jobs. Mike

So you bolt the adapter to your R8 tool's draw thread, then the drawbar holds the adapter? Maybe for a super special R8 Tool, but otherwise I'd rather scour and shell out for the tools that fit the spindle...

#50 TAPER TO R-8 ADAPTER - 50-R8
Brand: None

SKU:
50-R8

ID:

$69.50

This is supposed to be an auto feeding boring bar to make inside grooves, and doing a facing cut.

As I understand it, as the spindle is rotating, you hold the knurled ring and the head will start getting bigger. Make’s it easier to cut snap rings grooves in the mill.

At my work, I sometimes need to add snap ring retainer grooves on cylinder ends that have self aligning bearings installed. All depends on how we might have repaired the wire out end.

Just another tool in the toolbox. I am outfitting my home shop better than my workplace shop with some of the tooling I am collecting. At least if I ever get fed up working for the boss, I will have everything I need to start my own business, or ramp up my hobby income to survive.

I figure investing in tools is a better investment long term than stocks. At least til I realize I can not physically work anymore.

Is that the Enco one made by Gamet? If so the R8 shank should unscrew and you could replace it with a 50 taper for your machine if you can find one, or just a straight shank.

John

Showed up in my mailbox this afternoon. Thanks David!
Glad to see they made it in one piece and pretty quickly ! The R8 should unscrew as Matt said above if you need a 50 .

Had to buy the cheapest pack of welding visor screen protectors on amazon. Something like $1.40 each. The old one was getting pretty bad. Unfortunately, I also added a 1.25x cheater lens for inside the helmet. This marks a sad day, as I think I need the extra power doing little TIG welds now. I'm absolutely certain the clean screen will help. It actually almost looks as good as new!

I usually like to buy OEM parts. But, this is Lexan sheet cut into rectangles.

Unfortunately.jpg

^^^
I am up to a 1.75 in my welding helmet. Sucks getting old.

Back