What Did You Buy Today?

No wonder I can't win anything on auctions, you guys are buying everything up!

Bruce.... I am curious what you paid, if you don't mind me asking, for the roll taps. I have 6 packages (30 total taps) of the Balax 5/16-18 roll taps currently listed on eBay.

Been a bad month purchasing wise, a couple of ER 20 x R8 collet chucks, 3 sets of ER 20 collets, a couple of ER 20 ball bearing collet chuck nuts, a collet chuck nut wrench, 3 lathe tools, (3) 10 packs of carbide inserts, some end mills, a one shot oil pump, a couple of bandsaw blades and a 1-3/16”, a1-1/16” and a 7/8”, Wright service wrenches. 2 dozen leather work gloves and new work boots.

No wonder I can't win anything on auctions, you guys are buying everything up!

Bruce.... I am curious what you paid, if you don't mind me asking, for the roll taps. I have 6 packages (30 total taps) of the Balax 5/16-18 roll taps currently listed on eBay.
I won the 8 of them for $21 including shipping. They are all unused.

Bruce

bought a long reach 1/2" endmill off Amazon for $6. It is supposedly Drill America brand, but the grind looks really good and way better than standard import HSS end mills. Won't get used much but that extra inch will come in handy when it does.
IMG_9488.JPG

saw this lot while tooling around on eBay. Some new stuff, some duplicates/ spares, but all new and good brands (other than the 3/16" end mill, no brand on that). Can't complain for $16!
IMG_9489.JPG

Got a package with the 5/8” shanks lathe tools, I ordered. I got a MCLNR1616H12 (CNMG 432 inserts), a MWLNR1616H08 (WNMG 431 inserts) and a MTJNR1616H16 (TNMG 431 inserts) and 30 inserts, 10 each of those listed.

The Italian made ER 20 ball bearing nut, was defective right out of the box, once the collet was snapped into the nut, it was too tight to allow the end mill to slide in. They are sending a replacement.

E0677C0D-EEA1-4791-A795-44E879AD346F.jpeg

I've been slowly replacing my fluorescent shop lights with LEDs as they get weak or die. I've been buying the Commercial Electric brand at Home Depot.

Since I had to return my Harbor Freight jack stands anyways, I thought I would try the Braun LED shop lights with coupon only $20 each. I can say I really like these lights. They are bright! Much brighter than the Commercial Electric ones. These are 5000 lumens and the Commercial Electric ones are 3200 about 50% more. I don't know how long they will last, but I wish I bought more.

They take about the same power as the fluorescent light, but since they are much brighter, you need less.

20200612_093028_edit1.jpg

Had a bit of luck at an auction this week.

First item was described as "Ball Screw Load Test Fixture." Photo showed a table with some shafts and pulleys mounted on it. Seemed to have some potential to me for parts if nothing else so I bid it up to $8.00 and won. Here is what I got:
4.jpg
Top is 22"x63"x0.75". I see a welding table in its future. Not sure what I'll do with the 850 lbs of lead bricks in the box at lower left.

Second item was described as "Contents of storage rack" Photo showed a few bins with chunks of metal in them. What I got:
1.jpg
2.jpg
It maxed out my 500kg scale so I paid something less than $0.0045/lb. I'll be following the DIY XRF thread here on HM with interest. Until then I'll have to practice my spark test skills to ID the unmarked pieces.

Makes up for the times I took a chance on poor photos and vague descriptions and got burned.

Back