What Did You Buy Today?

Bought a pair (0-1" and 1-2")of Tesa screw thread mics.......I absolutely hate thread wires; I always drop them in the chip pan or on the floor ... always!
Me too. But I'd hate more buying thread mics in all sizes......
Drape a shop rag over the ways under area to be checked.
Keep a ball of modeling clay in a capped glass jar, use a strip with the wires stuck in it.
Styrofoam packaging trays, like for meats, works also in the same way.
'Glue' the wires in place with grease.

There is a dexterity in manipulating thread wires, it takes some practice.

I used rubber bands to start with when using wires with 2 wires on the bottom and one on the top.

IMG_3904.JPG

Then one time I happened to put the 2 wires on the top and they just sat there nicely balanced. Put the mic on them to hold the wires in place while I held the one wire to the bottom and tightened the mic. What was once a chore where I would have liked to have 3 or 4 hands turned into a no big deal. Sorry I don't have a picture.

Man you guys had me wondering, I went back a few pages not remembering talk about thread mics & wires recently. Then I followed the quoted post, it's from 2017! No wonder! :eek 2:

I know you guys like pictures so I went out to the garage and took some for you. The first picture is with the two wires resting on the top of the thread. Next up is with the mic resting on the top of the two wires. Final pic has the mic holding all of the wires. Two on the top and one on the bottom.

IMG_4099.JPG IMG_4100.JPG

IMG_4101.JPG

Another easy trick is stick the two top wires into a small piece of styrofoam .

Gotta give the hackzall a shout put; super handy! Kind of short stroke, but tiny, light, easy to get into places.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The talk of thread measuring reminded me to post these...

They are a bit pricey for what they are, but they do work pretty well. They hold the thread wires to the mic so you just line up the wires where you want them, and measure. Great for sizes that I don't use enough to justify a thread mic for. I love the 0-1 thread mic, but I just don't make >1" threads that much. :)

Back