What Did You Buy Today?

Managed to pickup a new (used) bandasw a few days ago. FMB Titan+G.
They are $15K new got it for $600 but had a 1200km round trip to get it.
Needs some work as the downfeed is not working but everything else is good. Have rebuilt the downfeed ram. It just needed some o rings, oil and a missing circlip. The previous owner removed it when it stoped working so next setep is to checkout the electrics for the ram and reconnect the hydraulic motor to enable the automatic raise.
Also rebuilt the pnumatic vice, It was working but put in new seals and orings anyway

Have fixed the counterballance springs. They put some spring on it that looks like it came from a garrage door. It's meant to connect under the ram and the one thay added changes tension as you rotate the cutting head.

One I get eveything working correctly I'll sttip it down, clean it up and powdercoat it, assemble and put in new wiring
Will look brand new once the refub is finished

Im uessing it will owe me a $2K once the refurm is completed. Not a bad deal all in all

Here is a link to the saw

https://www.fmb.it/en/scheda_manuale?id=85

1623883494915.png

Quite the welder! I know Esab's a good name. Let us know how you like it, once it's delivered.

Managed to pickup a new (used) bandasw a few days ago. FMB Titan+G.
They are $15K new got it for $600 but had a 1200km round trip to get it.
Needs some work as the downfeed is not working but everything else is good. Have rebuilt the downfeed ram. It just needed some o rings, oil and a missing circlip. The previous owner removed it when it stoped working so next setep is to checkout the electrics for the ram and reconnect the hydraulic motor to enable the automatic raise.
Also rebuilt the pnumatic vice, It was working but put in new seals and orings anyway

Have fixed the counterballance springs. They put some spring on it that looks like it came from a garrage door. It's meant to connect under the ram and the one thay added changes tension as you rotate the cutting head.

One I get eveything working correctly I'll sttip it down, clean it up and powdercoat it, assemble and put in new wiring
Will look brand new once the refub is finished

Im uessing it will owe me a $2K once the refurm is completed. Not a bad deal all in all

Here is a link to the saw

https://www.fmb.it/en/scheda_manuale?id=85

View attachment 369391
Nice, good find.

Looks like the 205ic. Look forward to impressions. When I bought my welder I wend with a Miller Multi 215. Wont do aluminum without a spool gun, so I will need a dedicated TIG if I ever need to. Would have loved to have gotten an AC/DC Multiprocess, but they were about $1000 or so more at the time.

Which model di you end up getting? Would also like to hear your evaluation of it once you have had a chance to play with it.

Awesome. I’m looking at that same one.
My Miller Maxstar 150 works well for what I mostly do but not having AC or HF sometimes hurts. The MIG part is interesting I’d be curious how it performs vs a dedicated one If its fiddly etc.
let us know !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got my auction loot home. I MAY have bitten off way more than I can chew, AND I also MAY have hit the motherlode. Its a mix of aircraft grade 6061and 7075 aluminum round bar, square bar, and rectangle bar ranging from an inch thick to 4.75". Also 12' of aircraft grade 4340 2.5" thick steel.

092E3E4B-D51C-4FE6-B86C-7B5689C59D2F.jpegIMG_2539.JPGIMG_2543.JPGIMG_2545.JPGIMG_2541.JPGIMG_2544.JPG

Wow. That’s a whole lot of stock you got there. To purchase that at today’s (even pre world gone mad) prices $$$
Guess it depends what it cost all in to your house. And if you will have use for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back