What Did You Buy Today?

Another tool chest. No idea where I’m going to put it, but the history got me. View attachment 368447View attachment 368448View attachment 368449

Don't worry, you will find somewhere for it. (that's what I tell myself anyway)
Turns out you where right… I did find a place. :) Cleaned up nice - I just have it a clean with some oil soap and have it a buff up. Oh and changed the draw pulls as some where broken. I’ve kept the intact ones for use in some other project down the road.

C8BB510A-A769-46F4-AED3-C04272259BDE.jpeg606D465C-6979-45F1-A6D1-1B8365892A23.jpeg

I collect and use a lot of old tools. I picked up an Armstrong cut off tool for my16" South bend lathe. It was the only took holder I didn't have for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-21-15-54-55_kindlephoto-1649168255.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-21-15-54-55_kindlephoto-1649168255.png
    384.3 KB · Views: 17
I couldn't help myself.
Delivered for $219.
The reviews are great. I watched the Bundy Bears video on tearing it down, clean and oil etc.
In fact, I got a decline notice on my credit card as they questioned the purchase. I went back in and bought it again.
Now I have two coming.
Anybody near the Sacramento area that needs a B&S 0 knock off? I'll sell it to you for $219.
If I return it I have to pay shipping.

I couldn't help myself.
Delivered for $219.
The reviews are great. I watched the Bundy Bears video on tearing it down, clean and oil etc.
In fact, I got a decline notice on my credit card as they questioned the purchase. I went back in and bought it again.
Now I have two coming.
Anybody near the Sacramento area that needs a B&S 0 knock off? I'll sell it to you for $219.
If I return it I have to pay shipping.
Bummer. Can you maybe talk them down to the Buy 2 price?

I wish. I'm about an hour east of LA in San Bernardino County.

These dividing heads are pretty darned good for the money. That is if it wasn't mishandled along the way. The carrier dropped mine and it caused an internal bearing casting housing to break, which was not visible externally. (I finally was able to return mine and get a full refund.)

I used Bundy Bear's video to do the teardown. I recommend you do a teardown. Not because you will find damage, but so you can clean it all out. There's lots and lots of grinding dust and crud inside. That and a stoning of the engraved numbers on the side (so you don't tear your hands on the sharp edges) and you will find the unit to be very nice. Amazing for the price.

@Janderso
Assuming they are sent in separate packages, can't you refuse delivery of the unopened package and have the carrier return to sender (no cost to you)?
Contact the credit card company and explain the error. They should reverse the transaction if the seller is uncooperative.

There's lots and lots of grinding dust and crud inside. That and a stoning of the engraved numbers on the side (so you don't tear your hands on the sharp edges) and you will find the unit to be very nice. Amazing for the price.
I was shocked when I saw how much grit and dirt was in the base of the casting on that video. I know none of us could assemble one of these with all the smudge all over!!
Other than that and a few rough machining components the tool looks like a heck of a deal. I'm not expecting great accuracy out of that 3 jaw.

Back