What Did You Buy Today?

Purchased on a whim off C.L., showed up yesterday
Angle plate is an Anton 443-1
Jacks and a Mitutoyo DI 2358-50 that is sticky
No idea what the hairpin look alike part is for?
anyone know?
The hairpin part, I think, is a helper to move the indicator very smoothly, it should mount some how on the body.

I need to find who recommended that I buy these Starrett tap wrenches... these are beautifully made... I like them a lot! Got them in three sizes... The rotary table arrived... The dial is not that intuitive... I need to figure out how to read it (came with index plates... the plates, after cleaning, are in that bag with the blue paper towel); Also got some diamond and regular small files; the foot pedal for the portable bandsaw project; some green belt for the pulley belt for the sewing machine project...

View attachment 384629

But those tap wrenches man, wow, they feel so good to hold... Thank you for the recommendation!!
those diamond files come in handy . they are too coarse for sharpening, but they shape real quickly.
Those are small tap handles. The smallest is very handy, I have one. The largest of yours is also handy, the middle... eh.
get some Boeshield and spray those indexing discs down.. then put them in a bag and seal them up, after removing the air. They should be fine that way. The towel may hold moisture in it. Unless you oil soak the towel.

For sharpening, or putting a hone on carbide or even HSS these are nice.. EZ lap or DMT Dia Sharps they will put a final edge on carbide. For hss I use a translucent Arkansas stone.

Needle files are always valuable. I have a few sets and they get used a lot for small / tight work.

I have the horizontal milling arbor spacers off of Dave's arbor shaft, in the picture the shaft looks blotchy. It's not it polished well, and that's my shirt reflecting off of it. Between Dave, and Brento I have 48 cutters from 1" wide to slitting saws, 2 1/4" to 6" diameter, and all sorts of profiles. Will I be using it a lot, no, but I have it :encourage:

Looks better in Hawaii than in Fallston Mike . :grin: I spent the whole morning clearing out my room of various tools and tooling for the next round , maybe tonight . :encourage: How many and what size gauges ? :)

Between Dave, and Brento I have 48 cutters from 1" wide to slitting saws, 2 1/4" to 6" diameter, and all sorts of profiles.
Personally , I REALLY think you need quite a few more , but that's just my opinion ! :big grin: More to come .

Just the pressure gauge for the regulator, my compressor is rated at 175lbs.
Thank you both, Brento, and Dave....The spacers popped of on the 2nd hit on the board, after the PB Blaster overnight. I was up after midnight looking at what some of the profiles are used for. This is whole other rabbit hole...... :rolleyes:

Got it . Aren't holes fun ? :laughing:I found all my info on the Clausing and BP hiding out in a drawer in my room awhile ago . Been looking for them for quite some time . I removed 3 trash cans full of old paperwork and crap also . All will be going into the firepit in an hour .

Eventually, I want one of those 4x6 bandsaws... but at the moment I do not have the space for it... So ended up ordering this one yesterday.

4-7/8"x5" capacity... benchtop bandsaw.

Also ordered a Starrett blade for it. 56.5" Length, 1/2" Width, 0.025" Thick, 8-12 TPI... it was the only one that I could find from Starrett... need to read some and determine what would be a good blade (TPI) for tool steel...

I think, if I understood correctly, that I need something like 24 TPI for steel and stainless; and 8-12 for softer metals??
WEN Bandsaw.jpg

I later plan to make a table attachment for it... like this guy did:

Back