What Did You Buy Today?

Did you ever make progress with these machines. I’m fascinated with the idea of building my own and wonder if there is enough interest to put a group together here.

John

I’ve made a little progress, but not a lot. I’ll snap a picture in a little while.

I’m hoping to dig into these after I finish up my Edwards Radial 5 engine (which I’m documenting in a different thread on here).

Well today i went to Cabin Fever and saw Dave there. I picked up my toolbox from him and then my big score was a steady rest. It is for a Logan 9". But with shims on it it will fit my South Bend for 120$. Then i picked up a 1 1/4-12 tap for a job i am quoting for 20$. I told my customer and he was ecstatic so that will help me for that quote.

by any chance does someone want to buy a Hemingway SB9 steady rest kit from me? I am expecting it Wednesday and will gladly ship it to someone when i get it in.

Today i visited my local flea/ tool market. I needed a set of windscreen wipers, but i come home with few more things. First was this fire extinguisher 7$, then i found this cheap set of screw drivers 1,85$ for the set. Then i found me two sets to wipers 6$ for both sets. Last but definitely biggest thing i found as i was leaving was this gas powered rototiller 50$, it has my nemesis Tecumseh 3,5hp engine. I've dealt with the same engine on a small generator few years ago but never could get it to run smooth, this one is in much better shape. Also the build is sturdy no critical plastic components. Not a bad trip.
IMG_20220110_201853.jpgIMG_20220110_201843.jpgIMG_20220110_201903_1.jpgIMG_20220110_142359.jpgIMG_20220110_143941.jpgIMG_20220110_144002.jpgIMG_20220110_142403.jpg

Now I've done it,.... Not really something I needed to come up right now, but it's something I couldnt pass up haha. Found a nice original j&j Taylor bankers safe.
Just gotta ship it now!
View attachment 392230View attachment 392231
Rare to find them in decent shape like this~ I only know of two with the original paint left.
Interesting it appears to have two tumblers instead of just one. Love the ornate work of it.

Interesting it appears to have two tumblers instead of just one. Love the ornate work of it.
Aye, two combinations on the front door, another two on each rear door :)
They started loosing all the ornate features during the great depression
IMG_20220104_123717.jpg
The ornateness and build strength is why I enjoy them so much, you cant buy safes like these new anymore.

Aye, two combinations on the front door, another two on each rear door :)
They started loosing all the ornate features during the great depression
View attachment 392470
The ornateness and build strength is why I enjoy them so much, you cant buy safes like these new anymore.
I know what you mean, my bank has a big walk in that must be over 100 years old, it's ornate, beautiful and HUGE, it's over 24 inches thick, so beautiful, and the glass on the inside lets you see all the gears, and bars. They are also ornate on the inside. I wish I could get a pic, but I doubt I'd be allowed.

I know what you mean, my bank has a big walk in that must be over 100 years old, it's ornate, beautiful and HUGE, it's over 24 inches thick, so beautiful, and the glass on the inside lets you see all the gears, and bars. They are also ornate on the inside. I wish I could get a pic, but I doubt I'd be allowed.
Oh that's a treat, if you ever get a pic send it my way! Allot of the companies that made those are not really around anymore~
Hmmmm, I have something related you might enjoy to read.
Mosler Ltr-hi.jpg
They still survive to this day~

Oh that's a treat, if you ever get a pic send it my way! Allot of the companies that made those are not really around anymore~
Hmmmm, I have something related you might enjoy to read.
View attachment 392474
They still survive to this day~
That's a whole new level of "bomb proof"....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Back