What Did You Buy Today?

The big problem with the small presses is the limited working range.
Your average broach is 11” long
I got some broaches from @mmcmdl that I bought when he was not paying attention... man, so difficult to buy stuff from that guy... :D:D:D. I wished I lived closer to him so I could just walk up and get stuff...

Will do. It will be a few weeks before I get to it. Bigger fish to fry at the moment. Mike

QUOTE: Please start a tread on the installation.
I have been considering one for my Jet JTM-2 and I believe this same model should fit it as well.
Thanks!

I got some broaches from @mmcmdl that I bought when he was not paying attention... man, so difficult to buy stuff from that guy... :D:D:D. I wished I lived closer to him so I could just walk up and get stuff...
I've got so much going on these days , I don't know what's up or down ! :grin: I'll say this , if I end up retiring which it looks as if I will , They'll be a fire sale in Md . :encourage:

The one big arm cartoon hits home. I do lots of grinding paint off bed rails building pig cookers. My doc noticed my right pec is larger than the left. So x rays and a mammogram. Did the X-rays.
I love those cookers you make Mr. Beezer . I've been following your projects for 5 years now . :grin:

I bought these seven quality *non-junk* solid carbide end mills from forum member @mattthemuppet2 for $180 delivered. Most of these are new. The ones that are not new are very close to it.

25066CAE-900C-444C-8F1F-598DCB0782BA.jpeg

All I can say is “Wow!”. There is a time change between him and I, but as soon as it is appropriate to text him tomorrow morning, I will be on the horn looking for more solid carbide end mills, but in smaller sizes.

Because I got 100% burned out at work, I voluntarily cut my hours back by a little over 10%, but I have one more good paycheck coming. I’m going to buy some steel from the local steel yard, and a lot of these endmills from @mattthemuppet2 , and after that I won’t be posting very much in this thread anymore because I need to pay down about $36,500 in consumer debt (100% of which was for tooling & equipment, as I always say).

Last edited:
@erikmannie we have all said that before. Yet we all end up buying stuff still anyways. Matt is a real class A stand up guy. He has given me great deals for tooling as well. I have bought my fair share from him. Hoping he doesn’t get me hooked again when he buys another lot.

woohoo! Glad they arrived safe and sound Erik, that was a very dense package :) Happy to get them into the hands of someone who can use them. I have piles and piles of carbide end mills and drills, so make me a list and I'll work through it as I go. $17 of the purchase cost (10%) will go to God's Gods in Van Ormy, TX, same as any other sales on here or eBay from now on. The two dogs we just finished fostering (second one got adopted yesterday!) cost them $1500 overall for their parvo treatment, so they could do with a hand. I'm keeping a tally and once it gets to a nice round number I'll send them the funds :)

Back