What Did You Buy Today?

will be making stuff to sell yes, pointed at a niche audience. But i had considered making one
Does it come with extra tooling, like clamps? Might look at Dayton CNC, they are or used to be a sponsor of HM. Smaller plates but might be useful for you.

I was going to say that a fellow forum member sells them as well... until I saw the size (Measurements: 34" x 12" x 0.95")... that one is larger than the ones he has... His is 10"x22"

As to needing one... I have a small one and it is great. But I went on the inexpensive side for one...
for a lot of the stuff that i want to do, that size very well may work, i have book marked it

Does it come with extra tooling, like clamps? Might look at Dayton CNC, they are or used to be a sponsor of HM. Smaller plates but might be useful for you.
no extra stuff, they do sell modular vises, but i have seen some on the tube that were copies, might go with that

That's a nice looking vise. How does the .0005 accuracy compare to Kurt? Took a quick look at Kurt, but didn't see that spec. Mike

Last edited:
wondering if i should order one of these or not
I have a Saunder's fixture plate on my Tormach. It was on the mill when I bought it. Probably just me but I don't use it to its full potential and could do without it. But I'm not a production shop.

Bruce

I have a Saunder's fixture plate on my Tormach. It was on the mill when I bought it. Probably just me but I don't use it to its full potential and could do without it. But I'm not a production shop.

Bruce
well, the largest part will have some length to it, i was thinking of using the plate with modular vises to hold that part, when i have to mill my holes and such on it

Bruce
won't be a big produckion shop either, but i was thinking that it might be easier, but then again, i can just use jacks to keep the thing still while one end is in the vise

wondering if i should order one of these or not

View attachment 424506
I got the “Micro Mill” ($75) size plates along with one of their Hobby Modular Vises & a handful of extras for use on my Mini Mill for holding larger parts - it fits nicely next to my 3” vise and gives options that my plain fixture plates don’t. I will admit that I have only used it once, and while it may not pay for itself it did make holding the part a lot easier.

Based on the descriptions on their website and what they show in their YouTube videos, the intended use is a full time fixture plate for CNC mills (they recommend using dielectric compound between the plate & mill table to prevent corrosion, something that isn’t necessary if it’s only in place sometimes).

Back